Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Ketchup Lovers Worship The Devil!

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Introducing our secret WMD

HEINZ tomato ketchup is turning green. The company is launching the new version in America in October 2000 and hopes to introduce it in Britain alongside the familiar red sauce later. Red ketchup was one of Heinz's first products and has been on sale in its present form for 125 years. A blue sauce was also considered but rejected. Claire Maceivilly, of the British Nutritional Foundation, said: "I am surprised that Heinz is opting to change the colour as recent research has shown that kids are put off by the colour green

2. Lounge   -   #42
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by nigel123@16 July 2003 - 11:38
    Introducing our secret WMD

HEINZ tomato ketchup is turning green. The company is launching the new version in America in October 2000 and hopes to introduce it in Britain alongside the familiar red sauce later. Red ketchup was one of Heinz's first products and has been on sale in its present form for 125 years. A blue sauce was also considered but rejected. Claire Maceivilly, of the British Nutritional Foundation, said: "I am surprised that Heinz is opting to change the colour as recent research has shown that kids are put off by the colour green
    I know what she means, nearly as bad as the red stuff :x
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by Ron@15 July 2003 - 19:51
    I always knew there was something wrong with ketchup lovers.
    They can't be normal human beings if they put ketchup on pasta, can they?
    So I did a little research, and guess what?
    Ketchup is just a cover up for the number of the Beast!!!
    Just attribute a number to each letter of the "K" word, according to its place in the alphabet.
    So K=11, E=, T= 20, etc.
    Then look at this:

666!!!

If that doesn't prove they're evil, I don't know what will.....
    Carol Voderman eat your heart out

Ron i have to disagree - if ketchup is evil then chips have to be evil too, because chips are bland and pasty with out a nice dollop of evil
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Lounge   -   #44
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Just to let you know that tomatoes belong to a very impressive family.

If you mess with one you mess with all.

Solanaceae (Nightshade Family)

The Solanaceae Family has been highly cultivated over the years - it includes potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, sweet peppers, chili peppers (but not black pepper), tobacco and petunias. Some plants have great medicinal value, some are quite poisonous.

The calyx and corolla are 5-lobed, and usually there are 5 stamens. The fruit is partitioned into 2 or 4 seed-producing divisions, and may be dry or a fleshy berry.

Identification of the nightshades can be really confusing - the same plant, when keyed out, will often lead to two different identities. Two species are definitely known on Montara Mountain: Forked Nightshade (Solanum furcatum) and Blue Witch (Solanum umbelliferum).

The other nightshades may include:

Solanum americanum (Smallflower Nightshade)
    Solanum douglasii (Douglas Nightshade)
    Solanum nigrum (Black Nightshade)
    Solanum sarrachoides
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------

You have been warned!!!

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Bolognese sauce good, ketchup evil.
    I'm not against tomatoes, some of my best friends are tomatoes, but ketchup on pasta is wrong in so many ways.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by nigel123@16 July 2003 - 12:34
    Solanum americanum (Smallflower Nightshade)
    So americanum = smallflower ?

Probably explains a lot
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Poster
    New Sig

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Poster
    The return of THE AFTLOKATDOIE

From now on we shall be called the army for the liberation of ketchup and the destruction of it's enemies
    or
    THE AFTLOKATDOIE
    (pronounced {aft-lock-at-doh-e})
    for short

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?sho...2939&hl=ketchup

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by Ron@16 July 2003 - 07:14
    No wonder, our former general hasn't spoken to his troops yet.
    He's under her spell.
    The former General of The People's Army Against Ketchup On Pasta hereby announces that he got offered a very well-payed job at the K-Lite Board UN a while ago.
    Due to accepting this function he is no longer allowed to lead his troops into battle.

Although his life companion named 'Skweeky' still resides in the 'ketchup lovers' camp, she has no influence on the ketchup eating habbits of The General.

The General reserves the right, however, to state his personal opinions in signatures and avatars.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Originally posted by nigel123@16 July 2003 - 05:38
    Nice to have information from such an up to date source...
    • ...perhaps you should work for the Bush Administration!

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast