Thread: Radeon 5850 Crossfire Woes

Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    I just got another 5850 today in the mail, and after lovely unboxing it my jaws dropped when i opened my case. These are FAT cards, and two of them side by side won't fit into the two PCI-e slots

Specs in my sig, and I'm basically wondering if my biostar motherboard will support another Radeon 5850 in CrossfireX?

I do see another PCI-e slot beside the one currently occupied, but it is VERY close to the current card and I don't think another 5850 would fit

Maybe my motherboard only supports single-slot PCI-e cards in CrossfireX (Whereas the 5850 is a twin-slot PCI-e card)?

Any insight into this would greatly appreciated.

P.S.: Please suggest me a PSU to support my overclocked i5 and two 5850 in crossfire, I'm thinking any 750W one would do, heck a good 650W one with good amperage on the 12V should do it. Suggestions?

P.S.S.

NEXT TIME YOU BUY A PSU, BUY AN ENERMAX!

My 5-year old 485W Enermax PSU is still serving me comfortably, I never hear the PSU fan go above 30%.
    Last edited by Seedler; 04-24-2010 at 11:40 PM.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    This is a pic I found of your Mobo I think

Now are you saying you can't fit 2 cards in there?? It looks way roomy to me. As far as the PSU goes. I read you like enermax but I'm a corsair guy so here's my recommendation CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX Yeah I'd also say go 750w instead of 650 It's better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it