Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    And pay .
    All should be free, power to the people
    Or get it for free through your ISP.

yo

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Mayhem's Avatar 70|2|23|\|73|2 BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    well yeah i guess it can work for some people with decent isps; and if so it can be really awesome, but you weren't acquainted with my ISP that has no groups with content and retention of a doorknob .

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Bah. You pay a monthly internet bill, don't you? What's $10-15 a month more? The only thing about newsgroups I don't like is people won't share like they do with a tracker. You can still have the great community (like binaryinvasion.com) but you end up with just a few dedicated individuals that upload.

And to be honest, I like having a variety of different avenues to pursuit in filesharing. Even back in the BBS days, I still liked attending copy parties and trading floppies via mail.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Vercors's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by furip2k View Post
    Leaving FST doesn't change anything. This place has infected the whole torrent community. You would think after being friends with someone online for a few months he would give you an invite somewhere because you actually wanted to join, but no. I should make that a test. Any people I'm friends with after 4 months, I will ask for an invite to some random level 4-7 site. If they say no, I realize we aren't going to work as friends. In real life this test can be performed by asking for $2 drink.
    The real problem is human nature, not FST

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You would think after being friends with someone online for a few months he would give you an invite somewhere because you actually wanted to join, but no. I should make that a test. Any people I'm friends with after 4 months, I will ask for an invite to some random level 4-7 site. If they say no, I realize we aren't going to work as friends. In real life this test can be performed by asking for $2 drink.

This is what led to the WIAW thread in the first place.
    What can I get from others?

You also complain about people rating their friends by WIAW levels, yet you are doing exactly the same. If they can't give you a level x then they aint worth anything.

Nobody likes the sort of friend who is only there while they are buying the drinks. Nobody likes the sort of friend who is only there to ask for invites.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    On the flip side there are generous people on here as well. My first day here someone offered me an invite along with an answer to a question. Didn't know me or ask anything in return. Now I'm just waiting 30 days to add to his rep in the invite section

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by psxcite View Post
    Bah. You pay a monthly internet bill, don't you? What's $10-15 a month more? The only thing about newsgroups I don't like is people won't share like they do with a tracker. You can still have the great community (like binaryinvasion.com) but you end up with just a few dedicated individuals that upload.

And to be honest, I like having a variety of different avenues to pursuit in filesharing. Even back in the BBS days, I still liked attending copy parties and trading floppies via mail.

And here I thought my FTP servers were hardcore

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    I despise trading BT Rep: +1
    My rant:
    Before coming to FST, I enjoyed a beautiful life filled with many trackers that I obtained via friends. Got everywhere free. I never had the desire to hoard unwanted trackers.

After coming to FST, I feel the desire to save a bunch of trackers I don't want because they are now a bloody currency. I noticed that normal people now use the WIAW thread on their friends. You meet someone online, and talk about TV, say you want a Bitmetv invite, they are like... well no, you aren't a level 6 friend yet.

The whole torrent community has been changed from a friendly bunch to hoarding traders. Nice work everyone.
    You just hit the fucking nail on the head, bravo

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Well that kinda depends on what you are trying to get out of your stay here at FST. I only use this as a source of information. I am not trying to engage in friendships with people only to ask them for a invite in a couple of months. Becouse lets face it. Then you are the one doing something wrong.
    To be frank the only invites i got form this place have been to overhyped sites that died out in a few months anyway.
    But this is a wonderful source of information for almost all trackers.
    That bing said there are a lot of nice people here, But there are also a lot of people only after invites. If you were so stupid to mention that you had access to "insert rare tracker here" in a thread you bound to get like 5 PMs within the next few hours from people that are looking for "friendship"..

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Without the What Friends are Worth thread, how would you know which friends you need to keep for trading favors? Friend rarity isn't created equal

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast