Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: This board breeds assholes

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by furip2k View Post
    you're an asshole for a mod. seriously though, reread your post. is that something a mod would say? i bet you are going to warn me or something for saying this, but a little kindness there man... and i already addressed everything you said. i said it was just a rant and you flip out and act like i endangered your family. chill. is this the first post ever to bitch about WIAW and the community? no.
    No I'm not going to warn or ban you for your opinion. I will however tell you to watch the language. As you are new here I will let these things go...to a point. Look although you are not endangering my family you ARE insulting my FST family. I have grown to love this place. What did I say that didn't sound like a mod, and what should your version of a mod sound like? You come here and post this hatred with a measly 18 posts and you know how this whole board works? Thats arrogant, ignorant, and just plain rude! You talk about this place infecting the BT community. In some circles Traders and Acct giveaways ruin the community ie.

bitmetv account, pisexy account, iplay account all for trade
    *i dont want any torrent sites* though so if you have something neat to trade, pm me
    I did give you A warning PM for the IPlay acct trade instead of giving you and infraction figuring you were new, Guess I was being an a55hole there?

Now You say the site made you want to hoard unwanted trackers, well I hate to break it to you but that is YOUR shortcoming not the fault of FST. That is immature to say the least.I assure you NO ONE uses the WIAW thread against their friends, *If he uses it against you-HE AIN'T YOUR FRIEND* I suggest you try an attitude change and make some real friends here.
    Apparently you missed the point of that thread you are not rating the "friend" you are rating the Tracker.

You would think after being friends with someone online for a few months he would give you an invite somewhere because you actually wanted to join, but no. I should make that a test. Any people I'm friends with after 4 months, I will ask for an invite to some random level 4-7 site. If they say no, I realize we aren't going to work as friends. In real life this test can be performed by asking for $2 drink.

Again you are talking without experience here You have been a member here for just over 1 month so how do you know what people do here after being friends for a few months?? Are you someone who was banned and now you're back? Otherwise you have no idea what you are talking about. Now what kind of friend would you be if the only reason you would be friend is for some bull5hit test?

Its extremely irresponsible to try and blame a place for your lack of sensibility and respect for trackers rules. If everyone was compelled to now hoard and trade after reading a thread I would say you had a point, but there a a vast number of people here who do not trade and enjoy the WIAW thread, Sure it pisses some people off, but you can't always make everyone happy.

Why don't you try to grow up a bit and take some responsibility for your own damn actions instead of blaming my beloved FST

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I'm similar i keep a variety of different sites i use offten there is two which i don't and think that are crap i am just waiting for the accounts to go inactive but speeds are good i also keep a vast list of site just incase a few shut down then i have another to go too but i allways use my favourites over the ones i keep spare.

I never go by any rank system i don't like them i see a torrent site as being greater than the rest if it has lots of files and great speed not by how exclusive the site is which i think personaly is stupid. exclusivity does not necessarily mean security or quality.
    Last edited by sleepyy; 11-07-2007 at 07:23 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    rofl. luckily i havent become an asshole yet..
    but perhaps giving away oink invites to some noobs doesnt count, bc you got a lot of them^^

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    What's the WIAW thread

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    iNSOMNiA's Avatar 1/G BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    What's the WIAW thread
    Listen to the Lady:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    Without the What Friends are Worth thread, how would you know which friends you need to keep for trading favors? Friend rarity isn't created equal

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDestiny View Post
    It is unfortunate that the current system runs on social engineering. What does the ability to sweet talk ones way around forums have to do with ones ability to seed generously? Being an former forum adict once I can say, there is life outside of MMORPG and Online Forums.
    Invites seem like nothing more than a popularity contest for forum members.
    In the end it's the trackers lost when socialites are invited instead of great seeders.
    Agree, It's becoming worst than MySpace and WOW all together
    Last edited by iNSOMNiA; 11-07-2007 at 10:31 AM.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    WIAW thread really affects new members here especially those who are also new in Torrent world... but when you started get some high level trackers level 4 and up and become more mature in torrents.. You will realize that you are following the wrong road....
    One advice to all new here: Try to read some threads here " Not the WIAW "... and You will know what are the best,great and good trackers...

Follow up...

I myself become a victim of WIAW when i am new here... but i do not blame FST or the WIAW.. Instead I learned from my mistake and now i am happy in what i have got...
    Last edited by kirktrix; 11-07-2007 at 11:19 AM.
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    cry me a motherfkn river. go talk to dr. phil if you wanna piss and moan about some nonsense bs.
    Last edited by aysomc; 11-07-2007 at 11:46 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Of course FST breeds arseholes....I thought it was designed for that purpose ?
    Now go away.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    game1283's Avatar "ǝuo ǝɥʇ" BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    If I can access news group for free(my ISP in our country does not offer), I'd go for it.. but about trackers, I'm happy that I have what wanted now

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by aysomc View Post
    cry me a motherfkn river. go talk to dr. phil if you wanna piss and moan about some nonsense bs.
    eee

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast