Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OK, Talk me out of BT(pros & cons)

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejay View Post
    Why isn't it more popular then? (honest question)
    my suppose is because the children dont have credit cards and use torrents and usenet is more complicated for the kids.
    Although usenet has got easier some people are just too daft to understand it. I have tried spent hours online trying to get folks to use it. Either I am not a good teacher or they are pretty thick but so far my success rate has been zero. Ah well more server speed for me.
    i 2nd them
    it took me also some time to start using NG, the complicity of NG always made me postponed, and there is very little simple guides on using it, most go into the way NG works and guide very little or lose you into the NG complicity.
    but tbh its not so complicated, atleast for todays with indexers indexing releases a huge part of Newsgroup's complicity is excluded(listing groups, finding groups, subscribing groups, downloading headers, listing releases, insuring releases and few more).

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Newsgroups   -   #32
    For a Gooner you speak an awful lot of sense
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

3. Newsgroups   -   #33

Gunners4life

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Newsgroups   -   #34
    My personal reason was that it required a credit card, which was hard to do when I was 14 lol. I had to use my ISP's newsgroups who's retention was crap (<0.5 days, with MANY corrupted). However once I got my credit card, first thing I did was sign up. I don't really think it's that complicated, but just overwhelming at first. Thing that really helped me overcome it was reading the guide to newsgroups on slyck.

5. Newsgroups   -   #35
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS
    If you really want to feel elite you need to try downloading a 360 game or DVDR at 900 kB/s.

6. Newsgroups   -   #36
    WW i never get your sig, what do you mean by "JESUS USED TORRENTS AND LOOKED WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM, USE NEWSGROUPS".
    grammar wise it doesn't make sense
    just curious nothing more
    Last edited by BawA; 11-19-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Benjamen button

7. Newsgroups   -   #37
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    WW i never get your sig, what you mean "JESUS USED TORRENTS AND LOOKED WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM, USE NEWSGROUPS".
    grammar wise it doesn't make sense
    just curious nothing more

Grammar Nazi...

8. Newsgroups   -   #38
    lol?

9. Newsgroups   -   #39
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by iNVADER View Post
    lol?
    lol, newbies.

lol=laughing out loud

10. Newsgroups   -   #40
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Most major usenet providers use paypal now. And anyone can get a credit card at Walgreens or Walmart so thats not an issue. Hell, even Paypal issues a credit card for free now.

I enjoy the speed of usenet. And if something is a couple of months old and now I decide to get it, I don't have to worry if there are enough seeders so I dont wait days for the transfer to complete. I get max speed all the time on usenet- if the file is 6 months old or 5 minutes.

Another reason, is the vast amount of data available. Let's take Xbox 360 as an example. If you combine every tracker that carries 360 stuff right now, they still wouldn't have the same amount of games as usenet has available with a good premium server like Giganews.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast