Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Vista

MaaxHimself's Avatar ‡ Borat Sagdiyev ‡ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Don't switch! Unless you have some good reason to.
    I installed it on my comp about a year ago, and then downgraded back to XP.
    If you're looking for a new OS, try Linux!
    Last edited by MaaxHimself; 11-21-2007 at 02:09 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    that article is 6 months old and EVERYONE still has to run vista to get a dx10 outcome. i'm not saying u can't do it in the future, but u can not now. when u can run a game in DX10 on winxp let me know.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Leamonde's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    It's very cute, with Aero theme its very nice really, but needs a very powerfull pc.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Adama's Avatar Xtreme User BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Vista is to slow
    you need at least 1 GB ram

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    haitham334's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    i use windows xp

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post

Vista is buggy, slow, and computer hardware demanding... I think MS shouldn't have released it that soon.

I'd suggest that you try switching to Ubuntu instead. It's way faster than any version of Windows and you never have to defragment your hard drive because it has an excellent file system. It's also very secure, that you don't have to worry about viruses. Also, it just recently took a big step when it comes to hardware compatibility, with the help of hardware companies like Intel, ATI, and NVIDIA, which the latter two just released stable drivers for Linux. You don't need to have a fast and high-end computer to run Ubuntu and the best thing about it is it's FREE.

just tell me how to run a multimedia ubuntu in which i can play divx , hd rips , ac3 etc .

and am throwing away my fukin xp . am sick of trying to stabilise an os with 3 different registry mechanics , an anitvirus a fukin firewall . the usual fukin crashes.

am sick of it all

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    AuReDo's Avatar FST Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by haitham334 View Post
    i use windows xp
    me too , don't quite like Vista

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post

Vista is buggy, slow, and computer hardware demanding... I think MS shouldn't have released it that soon.

I'd suggest that you try switching to Ubuntu instead. It's way faster than any version of Windows and you never have to defragment your hard drive because it has an excellent file system. It's also very secure, that you don't have to worry about viruses. Also, it just recently took a big step when it comes to hardware compatibility, with the help of hardware companies like Intel, ATI, and NVIDIA, which the latter two just released stable drivers for Linux. You don't need to have a fast and high-end computer to run Ubuntu and the best thing about it is it's FREE.

And you can request a free copy on Disk! Got mine the other day, Have tried it a few times now but I'm still trying to get use to it so I fine it's better in my case to dual boot so you've also got XP to fall back on.
    Rent this space

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    v0thanhtam's Avatar Mr. & Mrs. Vő
    Don't know why many people claimed that Vista is buggy but in my personal experience Vista is quite stable. My computer has been on for weeks and there's no slow down like XP does. Also after playing games the computer is extremely un-responsive until a restart with XP but with Vista that is not an issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12