Thread: Is Anyone Using Shadow's And Sygate Together?

I recently switched from Norton PF which I was able to get BT speeds of 100k+. Now that I switched to Sygate, it stays at 45-.

For NortonPF I didn't have to set anything (which I guess is a bad thing), unlike Sygate, where I have to tell it to accept it or not.

For those that use this F/W, what settings do you use to keep you speeds up? Any suggestions?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    After I told sygate that shadows could access the net I noticed no difference in speeds from when I didn't have sygate installed.

How many different torrents have you tried since you installed sygate?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Same here i told it to accept and max out my connection almost with every torrent, though thats just about 30KB

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I have tested around 15 + torrents with various seeders and dlers, between 5 min. to 1+ hours.

Is this setup right:

I clicked on "Application Configuration" for BT on this F/W, and set the TCP ports up.

I also made an "Advanced Rule" and set the ports up there as well for in/out traffic.

That's basically it. Do I need that Advanced Rule? And it couldn't be something within the security options could it?

:confused:

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    you dont need to do anything manually, delete everything connected to bittorent and next time you start a download a window should pop up asking if BT is allowed to connect, click on yes and check remember answer. That should do it.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!