View Poll Results: When do you give out Rep Points???

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • After receiving an invite

40 47.62%
  • If the poster has made a great point about something

6 7.14%
  • If the poster is giving away something for free

4 4.76%
  • Rep Points don't matter

27 32.14%
  • Never

7 8.33%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rep Points... Do they really Matter

ApeXz's Avatar Unleash the Child BT Rep: +2
    Ive always pictured this subject like this:

If you give away a certain invite, whether its allowed on that tracker or not, your simply doing it for the mere generosity of giving another person a chance.

Sure, you could be warned, have your invites taken away, or possibly even banned. However, you give it away regardless of the possible outcomes, just for the fact that your helping out your fellow man.

I've always pictured this subject to be, in a way, sort of like saving a persons life. A friend, family member, maybe even a mere acquaintance is near death, and needs a kidney. You have 2 of them, fully functioning, and perfect for the aforementioned person. However, there is that chance that something bad could happen if you were to give him/her your kidney. You could get a disease (Warn), you could, after the operation, have a massive kidney failure with the one kidney you have left (Invites Removed), or.... you could die (Banned). However, you take the risk regardless, just to help out your fellow man.

Now, there are definitely a few flaws with my comparison, for instance, your possible invitee is in nowhere near a situation of dieing because he/she hasn't received the tracker they want. (I guess you could say if they wanted it enough, that they could be dieing of anticipation), but regardless... in a way, the 2 scenarios are alike.

I myself do the best I can to obey any and all tracker rules and requests. I do not invoke myself to trade, but I do however giveaway my invites to those that I know could use them and respect them, regardless of what could happen to me.

Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows!

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by dragos View Post
    i was giving him an opinion on why some trackers don't alow giveaways
    i agree with this and respect that.
    i still have a whole bunch of high level invites, because i won't break those rules.

i was only getting a little upset, because i know fazzy from the start of his bittorrent career. he helped me out a lot - and i tried to help him as well.

don't take it personal. i didn't mean to offend you.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    DannyGnXz's Avatar Just say NO 2 Tradin BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post
    >> Their are still some sites that like to remain *private* in the terms highlighted above. Atleast at FSC, invites are a privilege and are NOT meant to be public nor given to stranger. I know that on the interwebz "friend" is a term used loosely, so i always ask myself....is this a person who will contribute and make the community stronger? << for you to know the answer to that you have to know the member from more than a few anonymous post on a public forum.
    DV8type > You have opened my eyes to something that is quite obvious but I failed to notice. So THANKS for enlightening me.

I am a FireFighter by occupation for the last 14 years. When I answer the call for help, I go in knowing that its my job. I get gratification knowing that I have helped someone doing my job and I do it expecting nothing in return. Who knows, I may loose my life in the process but that part of the dangers of the job.

I will do more to abide by the rules of the trackers from which I belong to and in the future I will continue to help others and not expect anything but my own gratification of knowing that I have helped as I have done in real life.

FSC will come one day, as it has come to others. In the mean time, the heck with rep points. I'll help my fellow man just cause I can.

The Spirit of Something Greater

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    some people give away lots of shit invites so they may get a rep. in the end its just someone that does not deserve that reputation!

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    they have negative effect sometimes

i hate people giving me Rep points, i found it good in the beginning, but not now.

Left out

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Roy.A's Avatar Noddin' My Head
    Amm .. sorry but ...
    how Exactly can you give someone a Rep Point ? :|
    *its new to me, have mercy*

Long Live Piracy ~

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    DannyGnXz's Avatar Just say NO 2 Tradin BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy.A View Post
    Amm .. sorry but ...
    Here you go Roy... the answer is in here:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...-bt-rep-144759

But the short answer is: To give a point click the icon to the left of a post.

The Spirit of Something Greater

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Roy.A's Avatar Noddin' My Head
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyGnXz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy.A View Post
    Amm .. sorry but ...
    Here you go Roy... the answer is in here:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...-bt-rep-144759

But the short answer is: To give a point click the icon to the left of a post.
    Well thanks for the quick answer mate ~
    im not able to do that yet ... i guess i still count as a new member ...

Long Live Piracy ~

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    i never ask for any and i dont care about rep points really, thanx is more appreciated than rep points.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    If someone goes out of their way to send your dumb ass an invite the least you can do is give them what amounts to a pat on the back for their energy and faith. Its all too common for some humans to pillage the gratuity of others through what is basically social engineering and not say thank you. Sick shit in my opinion.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast