Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resetting IP is it smart

AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Bullshit, nobody will ban you for changing your IP, my IP changes each time i reboot my modem...

People what the fuck are you talking about, each modem works on a specific IP range and even when it changes it still remains in certain pattern and it is still partially recognizable...
    Have a nice day.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiDoresu View Post
    Bullshit, nobody will ban you for changing your IP, my IP changes each time i reboot my modem...

People what the fuck are you talking about, each modem works on a specific IP range and even when it changes it still remains in certain pattern and it is still partially recognizable...
    well that is DHCP
    so it is dyanamic and it is withing a given range (so people will know it is due to DHCP)

Left out

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    My ip changes, and it goes from way different ranges. Trick is, nothing else changes. Same port, same browser, same client version, same seeding torrents, and i'm not changing anything in my profile, like email or pass. Truth is, unless its a country change, they won't ban you for one thing like an IP change, but bundle it with just 1 other thing and you might find yourself ban'd.

There are a ton of things that they can look for patterns in besides these, but its just an example of how it all works.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Anyways multiple IPs are allowed everywhere with maybe some extreme exceptions. You can always talk to the staff and let them know about your situation... it's not a big deal at all...
    Have a nice day.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Tor and privoxy running with Firefox work pretty well for when browsing needs to be anonymous. They can be turned on and off while browsing with the easy to use Torbutton.

For more info see this page.

As far as torrents go I am not aware of any way to download or upload anonymously.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenth View Post
    Tor and privoxy running with Firefox work pretty well for when browsing needs to be anonymous. They can be turned on and off while browsing with the easy to use Torbutton.

For more info see this page.

As far as torrents go I am not aware of any way to download or upload anonymously.
    Except using proxy is more definite ban... if you use appear to be anonymous then it means you have something to hide and trackers ban such individuals.
    Have a nice day.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    thats true, look for posts in torrent site forums by people who tell you how to hide your ip. those people all have their accounts disabled. but the thread stays.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    chillincool's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Just use ssl connections to do all your dirty deeds.
    "They were cheap masks locked on festering thoughts--voices gabbling to drown out the loud silence in every breast."

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    my ip changes automatically every 24h. my isp deletes ip logs after 7 days (by law).

i never had issues with that ip change on any of my trackers (of course it's the same ip range)

if you make a trip to another country and log into your account, i strongly advice to inform staff before the trip.

a friend of mine learned it the hard way. he was in france for a business trip, logged into bitmetv with his laptop and said farewell to his account afterwards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12