Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Please Read-elite invite section

MrVictorRivers's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    ....I feel like you may be taking this personal...this isn;t directed at you or anyone...Until about 3 or four hours ago, I went to bed, got up, did some thinking, and got back online....

Why the need for another? first let me preface, I dont know anything about these two existing "secrect/notsecret" sections. I cant say whether they are what I envisioned or not. and to the extent that I said create anohter....that was a misnomer on my part....

but....from my perspective, I wanted to help others without the immediate risk of dealing with cheaters/scammers/etc. I was interested in developing a more communal environment here at fst (in part born out of my own experiences where it seems people are only out for themselves).

A significant number of members expressed interest in starting (or atleast trying to start) a sub community here on fst. They were responding to a thread I started a week ago.

When I put the idea out to everyone...I found out that something that MAY be similar is already in existence. I even inquired of skizo in PM wat is involved in the process, and i was told, "...dont ask me, we'll ask you...."

(again i dont know anything about this place and its possible its not what i was thinking about)

here is the problem: I, as well as other members have expressed an interest in starting something...find out that there MAY be something similar already in existence...but are told a group of people have to pick you and you have to wait (potentially indefinitley) until u r picked....there is no transparency in the process...dont even know whats invovled in the process...when it takes place...who is involved...whats what...whso is who...nothing....its like a ball thats in motion that has developed momentum, and people are saying stop....its on the move....

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    @ MrVictorRivers

what do you personally expect from such a subforum? what are your personal benefits from this?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Well, I'm sure he would appreciate a response in the lines of "you don't need this, here's your invite to the ATG".
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    MrVictorRivers's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    @ MrVictorRivers

what do you personally expect from such a subforum? what are your personal benefits from this?

i dont see how that is germane to the point? explain how it is and i dont' mind answering at all.

LOOK: if you are not interested in starting or contributing what difference does it make to you what someone else does anyway?
    Last edited by MrVictorRivers; 11-17-2007 at 03:14 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by aysomc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    Hardly ever any invite is offered and even these are not even picked up, since these trusted senior members do not idle there to get invites, but rather to talk freely and safely without all these spammers in the their feet, know each other better and of course help each other if someone has a problem with something.
    sounds good, someone in there vouch for me!!!!
    don't ask for it, we will ask you

remember what skizo just said

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVictorRivers View Post
    When I put the idea out to everyone...I found out that something that MAY be similar is already in existence. I even inquired of skizo in PM wat is involved in the process, and i was told, "...dont ask me, we'll ask you...."
    I also told you exactly what was involved and answered your question entirely. Let's try not to make me sound so obtuse when that's not how the conversation went.

Quote Originally Posted by MrVictorRivers
    here is the problem: I, as well as other members have expressed an interest in starting something...find out that there MAY be something similar already in existence...but are told a group of people have to pick you and you have to wait (potentially indefinitley) until u r picked....there is no transparency in the process...dont even know whats invovled in the process...when it takes place...who is involved...whats what...whso is who...nothing....its like a ball thats in motion that has developed momentum, and people are saying stop....its on the move....
    It's meant to be like that. We don't want members aiming to be part of the section and heckling me, other mods, and VTG members to "get them in", as that's exactly what happens. For the sake of discretion and my Inbox, we don't advertise it either. There's no point in doing so no one is going to talk their way into the section.

Also, making it blatantly obvious may make some members act a certain way strictly to gain access to one of those sections. That is not something we want or would ever let happen.

We tried it before to let it be known and you couldn't imagine how many PM's I had; it was absurd. Half the Invites section had PM'd me by the following day.

There are a few details which are secret which I won't reveal and that only mods know about the section; such as what percentage of positive votes one must attain to be voted in. Those details are kept quiet so as not to alter the voting, etc.

Basically, the section isn't a secret and we don't try to keep it as such, and advertising it has only disadvantages.

yo

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    arkiebrian's Avatar Capitalist Pig BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    New 'elite invite' section is not needed...

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    another elite shit .. do you think your friends hides in some uber secret sub section of a forum .?

you can find them everywhere .. you dont need to go to a subsection of a forum to give your friend an invite

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    i don't think there is need for a new elite invite section but i do think we should add a minimum amount of posts until usres can enter the invite section. I also think that the wiaw thread should be in the main bittorent section also so noobs can learn the lvls before they join the invite section, that way that don't make posts like demenoid for ftn and so on.....

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    arkiebrian's Avatar Capitalist Pig BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by Totti View Post
    i do think we should add a minimum amount of posts
    Probably a good idea...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast