Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Torrent invites - What struggles have you had / My Story

Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    tvtorents has everything no need for bitmetv in my opinion speeds are great there also........

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    arkiebrian's Avatar Capitalist Pig BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force View Post
    My biggest problem is with the group I hang around with none of them are interested in computers let alone torrenting, so straight away I found it really hard to crack the torrent scene.
    That's been my problem too. Though I'm a "geek" and work as a software developer, the people I associate are far from it. I believe I've turned on a co-worker to the BT scene, but he's not fully hooked yet. Anyway, that's the only person I personally know that does BT. I'm new to seeking out invites after not being able to find material on the private trackers I had been using that were very easy to gain access.

I'm surprised how difficult some people find BT. I've tried to explain how to do it to my ex-wife numerous times - even directed her to forums with pictures - and she couldn't figure it out.
    Last edited by arkiebrian; 11-17-2007 at 03:22 PM. Reason: edit

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I've been using public trackers as long as I've been using torrents, which is about 18 months or so. I got interested in private trackers about a week ago and was lucky enough to immediately get an invite to Demangoid, which turned out not to be a private tracker and which closed down the very next day.

So Herrick is going to hang around here so I can request invites in the sub forum. I'll still read this forum after that because it's an interesting place.
    DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    arkiebrian's Avatar Capitalist Pig BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by Benja View Post
    amm im waiting for 30 days here (long time ) so i will start trading, i really want music tracker and BCG.
    for TV i have new tracker (TVTorrent) but i would like to get BITMETV.
    amm... maybe another tracker fot general instead of TD (REVTT/TL)
    and that's it i guess...
    just waiting for 30 days here to start trading while i'll make really good TD&CZONE accounts to trade with.

Some advice...

When you do get in the invites section you'll find many frown on trading...they want you to get invites absolutely free - "in the spirit of BT" so to speak.

Also...not a good idea to openly advertise that you're trading accounts...saw a guy get banned by tracker admins last night that openly said that.
    Last edited by arkiebrian; 11-17-2007 at 03:35 PM. Reason: clarification

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I've been pretty lucky I think in the torrent stuff. On my very first tracker, I got to know someone really well on the forums who is incredibly nice and invited me to FTN/SCT. I don't know anyone who is interested in computers or torrenting in real life either so this was really awesome. I've done pretty well at both places, but it's hard to get to know more people since they're both pretty big and mostly younger (well sct is at least). I've just got a few i'd love to get: fsc and tti and maybe revolt. fsc for the great older community and people to talk to and tti because I love movies and dvds and they have a lot of them. I've heard revolt is geared towards older people as well?

As for struggles, someone was going to give me a tti invite and I got pretty excited. But he wanted me to get him a sct invite in return and so that didn't work out. Close but no cigar yet. I don't even know how to get into fsc, but i'll just wait. I'm in no rush.
    Last edited by tedthetank; 11-17-2007 at 03:36 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    i am pretty upset that the two sources of BT i used are now gone due to the recent busts... those being oink and demonoid... so is this pretty much the only resource for invites? i mean trolling irc channels to ask for invites seems pretty lame as well.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    dcliffnotes's Avatar AmericanPinoyGuammie BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    man where do i start....the very first tracker i probably had was puretna. seriously. i didnt know what it meant to be in private tracker. all i knew was to be a member with a password. i was typically a noob, but i was fascinated and satisfied with all the pr0n they had there. so i got curious and wanted to know other trackers with good stuff, so i googled it.

while passing through, it brought me to this site FST. i registered just to read the topics and comments by others to get info on some good trackers. i read that everyone loved oink for music, so i asked my cousin if he knew what that was. luckily he had a friend with invites. this was the only actual invite i got from someone close to knowing them personally, not from the internet.

i would say the hardest struggle is having to prove yourself as a good user. no none will invite you or help you if you dont know how to share and if you act like a cocky idiot. being respectful and no flaming, i believe is the key.

for the beginning weeks ive been here, i camped out at the open signups thread for some trackers. i worked my way up through open signups to invites from users here at FST. i can gladly say most of the trackers i have and my knowledge of torrenting, i have learned here at FST. i like to thank all the people who helped me here at FST, from the beginning until now. i have made alot of friends and i am glad to be a part of this community.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Now I have Sct I always dream and 2 moths ago I got invite. Now I wonder if I get invite for site like FTN, TT, BitmeTV and RevTT.

I hate people who want money for invite.
    HT

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by arkiebrian View Post
    for TV i have new tracker (TVTorrent) but i would like to get BITMETV.
    amm... maybe another tracker fot general instead of TD (REVTT/TL)
    and that's it i guess...

Some advice...

When you do get in the invites section you'll find many frown on trading...they want you to get invites absolutely free - "in the spirit of BT" so to speak.

Also...not a good idea to openly advertise that you're trading accounts...saw a guy get banned by tracker admins last night that openly said that.
    so they can enter invite section and ban ppl that trading there?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    so they can enter invite section and ban ppl that trading there?
    everyone who is a member for longer than 30 days can enter the invite section.

but don't be afraid of tracker staff. if you don't feed them, they don't bite.

and sometimes when they are drunk they are actually pretty helpful.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast