Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Torrent invites - What struggles have you had / My Story

AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    All my high levels comes from luck...

I got TT for free, just ask the right person who was devoted to music, not BT...
    Got OiNk for free - same rule
    Got BMTV - giveaway here
    Got PT from a friend of mine
    Got FTN for free from a guy whom i invited to oink and somehow he got disabled along with all my invites for ever, so he felt obligation to make up this lost and invited me to this great tracker ;]
    And im about to get lvl8-10 this year, except Uk-T.
    Have a nice day.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Well, I haven' had any struggles "YET" as i've never tried to get an invite.
    My first private bt site was BS through open sign up, SCC open sign up, TBytes open sign up and got invited to TD from a staff member on their irc.
    I only been torrenting now for about 6months so im sure my struggles will start as i want to be a member of the harder to get in sites. "HINT" FTN,SCT,WAFFLES or WHAT :-P
    Last edited by STEViEAR; 11-25-2007 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    It took me a while to get invites - the open tracker thread helped me get started. But people here are so generous.

The reason some with invites are cautious is because they risk consequences for inviting people they don't know. I lost all my oink invites permanently because of that.
    But, at this place, I haven't experienced that.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Live.Love.Trance BT Rep: +4
    I started using BT 4 years ago when suprnova.org was the only site. I dl'd a lot of music. Suprnova when down, then it was LokiTorrent, piratebay and now mininova. I never really had the urge to join private trackers. A lot of the stuff I wanted to download was really easy to get on public trackers / I never really had heard of anything like a private tracker.

I am the only person I know IRL who is very into file sharing. In the last 2 years I've really gotten into Trance. Most of the stuff I download now comes direct from the DJ's themselves. Besides the occasional commerical stuff, but there is SO MUCH free Trance on the internet its CRAZY. If anyone want links, pm me. I'm always glad to share the gospel of Trance.

When oink went down, I saw an article on pirate bay listing a whole bunch of trackers to replace oink. I was like Oh shit, there is a lot more out there that i've never heard of. I checked out the Trance ones. TranceTraffic of course was on there, long with some other Trance one but I forgot. His article lead me here.

I registered to become a user. I checked out the forums and cruised around the private tracker list. I am on about 6 or 7 private trackers now. Nothing to intense. tv.torrents.ro Is prolly the best tracker I'm on. The mixingbowl.org is a good, open for signup ATM. I use that the most. Already got 20g's uploaded.

Its hard to get invites when you don't know anyone. I just hope one day someone will see my love for Trance and how much I love to share it, and how much I have to share, and I can get some better Trance trackers.

I'm currently looking for an invite to an eLearning tracker and a DVD tracker. The invites will come, just takes time. You just gotta keep it chill and meet nerds.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    yeah i had the same problem as the OP, none of my friends in real life use bitorrents except one, well the good side of bittorents, mostly just public sites, so straight away i have no access point to where i could find invites, but i was fortunate enough to get TL off one of my friends in real life and i started from there i used TL for many years before i realised about the bittorent community such as FST and the other specialties of trackers, i have only just walked my first step into reaching one of my many goals
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Live.Love.Trance BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiDoresu View Post
    I got TT for free, just ask the right person who was devoted to music, not BT...
    For the love of the music .... I like it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    titofat's Avatar The Dark BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    nice story
    and i think you are right no one can get anything without friends i got alot of trackers here and i giveaway alot too i made a good friends and finally the last thiing i want to get FTN and sure i cant do that without a good friend

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I don't know anyone else who uses BitTorrent either. I've become a member of some private trackers through pure luck and the generosity of other users in random places.

I signed up for Demonoid using a code someone posted in a forum. My good ratio there and at other sites has gotten me into others. I was invited to another because I was in the right place at the right time. So basically it has taken a lot of waiting and watching to get what I've gotten thus far.

Right now there are sites I'd love to sign up for, but my time hasn't come yet.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    found a invite to a tracker try be a high user there for prove that ou are a good boy, make friends and share with your friends and you will have all that you need

my advice.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    ****** BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I have one friend who brought me into the warez world, first with forums (starting with projectw), once I was able to use the forums well, I found more forums to use, till I had some sort of good base, but not good enough, and then projectw died,
    I was just getting started with torrents, got an invite for torrentleech, and was getting started with it, and I had now a good source for movies and series, but NO music, and then I got it the holly OINK invite
    It was a wonder, such a place, and then it died,
    then the same friend who gave me the invite brought me to this place, for finding new sources, and I think now I'll find myself some decent torrent sites, still need a good oink replacement (but it doesn't exist yet) and maybe beter to, I keep a good look at the opening for sign up treath, and I hope I can get some accounts here to
    unfortunately I don't have any good invites to trade, but I hope I will afterwards
    Also, the same friend was a little bit angry at me, the moment oink was closed I still had 9 invites, I only gave out two, he said that with those invites I could have gotten access to some of the greatest sites if I had traden my invites

Now well, I have plenty of time to build op a good torrent background, but unfortunately I don't have many friend with torrent accounts

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast