Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UK driving test question

Sextent's Avatar Version Five

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    My brother in law said his examiner sat in the back seat when he sat his test for the 7th time

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    My brother in law said his examiner sat in the back seat when he sat his test for the 7th time
    Sometimes there is another person in the car. That is someone who is checking up on the examiner, they are nothing to do with the test per se. They sit in the back seat, normally behind the driver, so as not to be seen.

I have never heard of the actual examiner sitting anywhere other than in the front seat beside the driver. I don't see how that would be legal, given that the driver only has a provisional licence.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    True, the examiner has to be in the front so that (s)he can see everything the driver does and to allow the driver to stay within the law.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    excellent... that means they won't be able to see my speedometer

6. Lounge   -   #36
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    ARE YOU FUCKS SERIOUS? In the US, or at least Kentucky, You answer 20 multiple choice questions and if you get at least a 60 percent, you get a license.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    ^ thats because the u.s is crap compared to the U.K.

and im assuming its the same when getting a gun license in the u.s.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by zaa730 View Post
    ARE YOU FUCKS SERIOUS? In the US, or at least Kentucky, You answer 20 multiple choice questions and if you get at least a 60 percent, you get a license.
    Florida too., tho' we have to be able to perform an actual driving test with an instructor which is total BS. You're only going 5 MPH and they take points off for the stupidest shit like "Not properly seated." Apparently, you have to get a ruler out and make sure you have 10 inches between the wheel and your chest.

I remember when we did a "pretend park" I got a point off for not turning off my engine. FFS, if I was really parking and not doing this half-ass bullshit, I wouldn't of forgotten.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

9. Lounge   -   #39
    MaaxHimself's Avatar ‡ Borat Sagdiyev ‡ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    In the US, we got to drive an automatic trans, didn't have to parallel park, and took an easy ass test to get a license. 1.9 years running and no speeding tickets/wrecks!

10. Lounge   -   #40
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Quote Originally Posted by MaaxHimself View Post
    In the US, we got to drive an automatic trans, didn't have to parallel park, and took an easy ass test to get a license. 1.9 years running and no speeding tickets/wrecks!
    It all depends on the state, don't generalize "In the US".

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast