Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what is ur highst upload amount in a torrent?

0110's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    i once uploaded 1TB on an .nfo file.

partial seeding rocks.
    and german connection rocks

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    G-Force's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    3.6TB - This years wrestlemania
    http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3821/fsc1bc9am5.png

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by 0110 View Post
    actually it sucks

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    LaPistola's Avatar about BT Rep: +2
    cummon lay off this is harmless thread i think he got the point no need to spam and flame
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I don't know about the north but in the south an Englishman is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    2.5tb
    Have a nice day.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    0110's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    actually it sucks
    at least better than my fucked one

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    dashboardy's Avatar teh sex0r BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post

it is the game of seeding and i think i'm allowed to seed as i want

isn't I??
    So they all get a H&R warning cos you want a bigger e-penis, now this is something the sites could really address - over seeding is as much as a problem of H&R.
    I don't agree with this at all, to be honest. Most sites have a 1:1 OR X hours seeding, he's helping to increase the speed of others, and don't say that it doesn't improve the speed... even if there are 100 seeders, if you have one seeding at 500 kB/s for days on end and "overseeding" or even several MB/s for days, I see nothing wrong with that... e-penis is really a non-term, there's no such thing, and if there are leechers to max out bandwidth of a superseeder, obviously that superseeder is helping out a lot. that's just my two cents.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Ænima's Avatar 2 in 1 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dashboardy View Post
    I don't agree with this at all, to be honest. Most sites have a 1:1 OR X hours seeding, he's helping to increase the speed of others, and don't say that it doesn't improve the speed... even if there are 100 seeders, if you have one seeding at 500 kB/s for days on end and "overseeding" or even several MB/s for days, I see nothing wrong with that...
    You see nothing wrong with overseeding because you misunderstand the Bitorrent protocol, and with a false premise in mind also misunderstand SgtMajor. The false premise is that the bitorrent protocol is an egalitarian system of seeders and leechers, in which the seeders have an equal chance of maxing out their bandwidth. This is wrong. The protocol specifically connects leechers to those seeders with a larger upload bandwidth. This may seem unfair, but I do not think the primary creators of the protocol had ratios on private bittorrent trackers in mind. They instead sought for maximum efficiency. Therefore, it is unfair for those with a large upload bandwidth to overseed because they deny room for other users with small, asymmetrical bandwidth to max out their minimal upload speed.

Although you effectively counter-argued against the misinformation that people get H&R warnings if they don't get to seed, you cannot deny the truth that, given the information I have just explained, overseeding may be a problem for the integrity of a private tracker as a much as H&R. Overseeding is a very real problem because of the undeniable fact that people like 0110 have a much easier time to attain a respectable ratio not only because of their high upload bandwidth but also because the protocol inherently takes leechers to them first, should a leecher ask for a file.
    Quote Originally Posted by dashboardy View Post
    e-penis is really a non-term, there's no such thing, and if there are leechers to max out bandwidth of a superseeder, obviously that superseeder is helping out a lot. that's just my two cents.
    Your final opinion is definitely only worth two cents. You are stating the obvious here, which might I add is a straw man fallacy: SgtMajor did not claim that overseeders do not detract download bandwidth from leechers, he is only saying that their presence is detrimental to the small upload speeds of regular users. You completely missed the point SgtMajor was trying to make, that overseeders _hog_ the leechers. Given the information presented, you should also agree with us and disapprove of 0110's faggotry thoughtlessness.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    arkiebrian's Avatar Capitalist Pig BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    overseeding is indeed one of the biggest problems on many bt sites today. and it's a vicious circle. you shouldn't be too proud of a high buffer. there will come a time pretty soon when tracker also demand a certain amount of download.
    I hope so. I end up seeding forever to get them to 1.0...makes me want to get a seedbox.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i once uploaded 1TB on an .nfo file.

partial seeding rocks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast