Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Different Gforce Fx's

can I curse? FUCK!
    My comp is mostly for gaming and watching videos , but i do use ir for burning and stuff.. and er.. what did you mean "The graphics card is probably the hardest single part to choose."?

Edit: brb.. so ill be afk atm

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    OK...the diff cards like 5200,5600,and 5900 have different CORES..i do believe. The 5200, built for office ussage more, like doing basic stuff like WATCH MOVIES...but is also good for gaming! The 5600 is going to be the best for all around best price and performance..IF you game. See graphics cards have GPU which is a GRAPHICS PROCCESING UNIT...basicly like you AMD or P4...it just runs the graphics...so the faster the chip the better the graphics...now the 5900 is going to be EXSPENSIVE and have INCREADIBLE gaming! The 5900 ULTRA is going to have faster clock speeds and be better for EXSTREME gaming...I do some gaming and stuff..i would go with the 5200 for a good price...and right now www.tigerdirect.com is having good sells on GeForce 4s...but i know its kool to say you have a GeForce FX lol Hope this helped ...i would go with intel..but if your short on cash..like me cuz im a kid also...amd is good
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    umm did u read the original question, any of the replies or just the title ^_^

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    *Grunt*
    For anyone who is strapped for cash or is jealous about anyone having a Ge force FX can I just remind everyone that although it sounds good the FX 5200 only has a marginly better benchmark score than the Ti 4200 which is going for nuthin now!. So for gaming anything from the old Ge force 4 range would still give good performance.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    ILW...he asked what the diff was...thats the ORIGINAL question..and i know people started takling about if his system was good or if it was a good buy..i was just going into detail about the original question...im not trying to start a fight though..just proving my point lol..i respect neone with over 500 post lol

Edit: Hey ILW sorry bout that..i just read the topic title i guess....i didnt see it was JUST about the 5200 ..but o well...its a bit of good info for a noob lol
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by chrisrog@20 July 2003 - 19:57
    Buy ordering online, you'll save yourself almost 100 bucks, thus allowing you to get a better video card. Good setup, although I think you should go for the TI4200 instead of the FX 5200.
    Not a good idea, as the GF4 Ti4200 isn't compliant with the latest DirectX standards.

It'll be a dinosaur soon.

I have an FX5200 and it's lovely. UT2003 looks incredible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123