Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Croatia vs England

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    ok so let me get it correctly, England on its own pitch(wimbley) with some help of ref lost to Croatia, Damn!!!

they really didnt deserve Qualifying.
    News is that FA already negotiating Mourinho.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    Croatia 3-2 same old story they fucked it up again hope they through out mr. Mclacking out of job

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Yet again it is proven that gerrard and lampard can't play together in the same team.

It's not just me, is it

It's a bad state of affairs when Crouch is your best player on the pitch. The england team should be ashamed of themselves, and McClaren should be out of a job by lunchtime.

Well done to Croatia, you played your socks off.

You could tell things were getting desperate when Motson was seriously hoping that Andorra were going to get a result against Russia

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Bubi McClown. Let's get a world class manager in now and not the manager of a team like fucking Middlesboro.

Are we going to be a second seed team for the World Cup qualifiers draw this Friday? If so, we could have an even tougher draw for the World Cup.

5. Sports Club   -   #25
    jetje's Avatar former star
    It's a result of buying all the foreign players.
    Most of English players are overrated. And there's hardly any new young English talent that get's chances to play in their teams, cause there's always a better foreign player.
    Someone like Wenger is doing a good job with young talented players but where are the big talented English ones between them. And most important, the English teams all want succes in Europe (Champions leaugue i.e.) and by trying to do so they loose there identity and imho also there strength. Kick and Rush was the strength and identity of British football...and that is almost gone.

Most sadly is that the English and scottish supporters will be missed at the Tournament.
    They are always good for a fantastic atmosphere....

6. Sports Club   -   #26
    barakokula's Avatar hard to thrill BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Sven isn't English and I never claimed he was. Where did you get that idea from?

After Sven went there was a lot of clamour for an English manager for the national team, which, obviously, was what I was referring to.

If the players can't "play good with each other" than that to me suggests bad management.
    I wanted to say you had a non-english manager and also achieved nothing. Misunderstanding,nevermind.

About 'bad management'...I agree,McLaren really is not the man for the job,but there's only so much a manager can do when he has only 2-3 players that leave their heart on the pitch...i read this somewhere,I'll qoute ...

'England has top level players. To my mind even the manager is not so bad. The problem lies in the mentality of the players. They don't feel like they must play by all their harts while playing for the national team. This problem is common today for many countries. Basically that's called arrogance. When you earn millions playing for clubs, you don't have motivation to represent your country, because you don't earn money, and because you are not well enough educated to understand that the nations pride is more important than the money'

We played with heart,even when we lost to Macedonia on saturday. When England scored its 2nd goal,they just backed down,waiting for the end. That's not the way you play for your country's team. You need new blood.
    Last edited by barakokula; 11-22-2007 at 01:20 PM.

7. Sports Club   -   #27
    Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    they should drop some players and give them reality check and have some body who is more attack minded as coach and not afraid of dropping big players lets hope they learn from their mistake don't do it for world cup qualifiers but they should be really ashamed of them self they who invented soccer can even qualify for Europe .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123