Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how not to lose accounts for inactivity?

DyNast's Avatar What's My Age Again? BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    You can park your account in some sites...

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Giveaway's Avatar Senior Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by y0y0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    Some sites only require you to log in nothing else within there set time periods

some sites demand that you download something within their set time periods

If you are unsure ask in their fourms not all sites have a park feature but this can prevent it from getting deleated with in the sites set time period again it is an extended time from their normal login removeal process you gain a few extra days hours weeks but you can't download anything or seed

If you don't use the account or don't want it ask for it to be removed from the site or just never log in change the password and emaill address to something random like oasidf;sdljf;lksdjlksdjfl;ksdj;lfsjd [email protected]

You will never be able to log in again

If your going away for whatever reason say holiday the park feature is for that mainly or just ask a friend or a staff member of the site to log in for you
    i think you shouldnt post your email here!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    shutdk's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    i'm looking for a program like this.. But reversed. It needs to delete accounts

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    I have alot of accounts as well. But I look at it this way- if I can't seed something at least once or twice a week, then I don't need it. I'm taking up a slot for someone who could use the account and be a more productive member of the tracker.

Now, of course, I understand with trackers dropping dead left and right it's always nice to have alternates. And there are those specialty trackers you use occasionally for specific material. But when it gets to the point where it's takes too much time for me to simply login a site and at least check the news - obviously I need to use delacc.php.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyl3KK View Post
    In Firefox, make a folder in your bookmarks, put all your sites in there, when you want to log in, open your bookmarks, right click the folder and click open all in tabs.
    Jupp, thats what i do. But then again i actually use all my sites.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    can some one tell me how long before the account get disabled due to inactivity in bitmetv...how long can i have 0up and 0 down...

thanks for the reply@polarbear
    Last edited by stitched; 11-23-2007 at 03:59 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post
    can some one tell me how long before the account get disabled due to inactivity in bitmetv...how long can i have 0up and 0 down...
    from bitmetv faq:

What is the policy on inactive accounts?

New accounts with zero upload or download amounts that are inactive for more than 30 days are automatically disabled. Accounts with greater than zero upload and download that are inactive for more than 60 days are automatically disabled. Simply logging in to the website is not considered activity. To avoid being disabled, the account needs to be used for upload/download; otherwise it is inactive, even if it is parked. Parking an account does not save it from being disabled for low ratio or inactivity. Parking an account indicates that the owner of the account will be away for a while, and the staff will take that into consideration if an account is unused for a period of time. An account with a good ratio is less likely to be disabled for inactivity than an account with a poor ratio. It is a good idea if you are going to be away to put the following information into the member "info" box in the user/cp settings: That you are going to be away for an extended period and the rough date of when you expect to return. When you return, visit us in the irc help channel and you will be re-enabled in most cases.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    well, most sites DO consider logging in activity.

One thing you can try is writing a script to log in for you. Assuming your cookies haven't expired, this should be fairly simple. I was thinking something along the lines of...
    Code:
    c:\progra~1\mozill~1\firefox -new-window www.TorrentSite1.org www.TorrentSite2.org -new-window etc
    ping -n 1 -w 30000 1.2.3.4                              ;wait 30 seconds

:kill                                               ;repeatedly send the close command until all instances of firefox have been closed.
    taskkill /im firefox.exe
    ren c:\progra~1\mozill~1\chrome\toolkit.jar tk.jar
    if not exist c:\progra~1\mozill~1\chrome\tk.jar goto kill
    ren c:\progra~1\mozill~1\chrome\tk.jar toolkit.jar
    save this as a batch file and set it to run once a week in windows scheduled tasks.
    Last edited by mbucari1; 11-23-2007 at 10:21 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    well i just put all my torrent sites into on folder in my bookmarks, then click on open all links in folder in firefox it works for me
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    well, most sites DO consider logging in activity.

One thing you can try is writing a script to log in for you. Assuming your cookies haven't expired, this should be fairly simple. I was thinking something along the lines of...
    Code:
    c:\progra~1\mozill~1\firefox www.TorrentSite1.org www.TorrentSite2.org etc
    ping -n 1 -w 30000 1.2.3.4                              ;wait 30 seconds
    taskkill /f /im firefox.exe                                  ;kill firefox
    save this as a batch file and set it to run once a week in windows scheduled tasks.
    That's a good tip. It works. But how often does it open? When the system is idle? And what about some trackers were we have to log in each time? Is there a away we can automate the sign in process?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast