Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I Can't Believe How Much Ps2 Owners Are In Denial

Poster
    I own a PS2, but think about it.

If the XBox was manafactured by a different company, it would be best seller.

It is much cheaper than PS2, more powerful
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me

2. Games   -   #32
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd+21 July 2003 - 19:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cl1mh4224rd @ 21 July 2003 - 19:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Agent Smart@21 July 2003 - 19:45
    The only thing that makes me laugh, is when PS2 owners call X-box a cheaper version of a PC. If that is the truth, then what the hell is a PS2?
    There&#39;s a difference; XBOX was built on the basic design of a PC (using PC hardware, very PC-like software, built by a PC-only company, etc.). No other console was designed the same way. Most of them use proprietary technology and architecture designs.

That&#39;s why people compare the XBOX to a PC. Do you see it now? I know it&#39;s a bit more technical than you probably care for, but there it is...

I&#39;m not dissing PS2, I&#39;m just asking those people who seem to know everything about X-box, but don&#39;t even own one.
    Maybe the reason they don&#39;t own it is because they know everything about it, hmmm? [/b][/quote]
    I can honestly say that PS2 owners didn&#39;t get PS2 because they "know everything about X-box". Also, thanks a bunch for giving me the info that I already knew about the X-box being a cheaper PC.

3. Games   -   #33
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd+21 July 2003 - 20:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cl1mh4224rd @ 21 July 2003 - 20:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Agent Smart@21 July 2003 - 19:45
    The only thing that makes me laugh, is when PS2 owners call X-box a cheaper version of a PC. If that is the truth, then what the hell is a PS2?
    There&#39;s a difference; XBOX was built on the basic design of a PC (using PC hardware, very PC-like software, built by a PC-only company, etc.). No other console was designed the same way. Most of them use proprietary technology and architecture designs.

That&#39;s why people compare the XBOX to a PC. Do you see it now? I know it&#39;s a bit more technical than you probably care for, but there it is...

[/b][/quote]
    Please, the PS2 is as much a computer as any other system. They bring a signal from hardware to a screen and you play a game. Just because you twist it to make sense doesn&#39;t validify the argument. Just when Liberals say the President lied about Nuclear weapons in Iraq. He said "The British intelligence has evidence that Africa is giving nuclear to Iraq" Liberals cut is statement in their add to"evidence that Africa is giving nuclear to Iraq" It is a twist and leaving out the British part deceives people. And the British still back that evidence up. Hence there was no lie. Stop lies for your agenda it just looks like you can&#39;t debate with real facts.

4. Games   -   #34
    Originally posted by CadeLaguana@21 July 2003 - 18:36
    I see what your saying...The reason people are getting so pissed off is because you said "I can&#39;t belive how much ps2 owners are in denial". Your insinuating that every ps2 owner is in denial. People don&#39;t like being insulted&#33; That is your problem. You don&#39;t want to start a flame war yet you start talking shit. That doesnt make any sence at all&#33;&#33; Telling someone they are in denail is not something they wan&#39;t to hear. Thats the problem. If you don&#39;t have anything nice to say don&#39;t say it at all. So what if they are in denial, THIS IS GAMEWORLD. Want to talk about people and denail, go to another one. This topic only talks about ps2 owners problems. If you think they are in Denial thats fine, keep it to yourself. This is only going to end up someone getting mad. I&#39;m not mad...Just annoyed by you. Remember, GAMEWORLD. NOT WORLD-ISSUES.
    Must be that you guys get insulted even if I don&#39;t insult you. MAybe if you read more closely instead of jumping the gun you would know that I not insulting all PS2 owners, just a small group. Don&#39;t act like the Democrats and defend adultry when one of your own does it just so you save your sides face. Be a man and tell those who aren&#39;t justifing their arguments with good reasons that they only hurt their fellow PS2 owners.

5. Games   -   #35
    Kildred is right, in the sense that when PS2 owners fight in this thread, they are just adding themselves to that "small group" that he&#39;s mentioned.

OcramC is a perfect example of a PS2 owner who knows what he&#39;s talking about.

6. Games   -   #36
    Originally posted by Agent Smart@21 July 2003 - 21:05
    Kildred is right, in the sense that when PS2 owners fight in this thread
    yeah well, it prolly has something to do with the fact that Kildred is trying to pick a fight with them. just because he denies it, it doesn&#39;t mean he didn&#39;t. the title of this thread (and the original one) is pure flame bait.

7. Games   -   #37
    Poster
    Kildred11 is making the XBOX into a religion. I, along with everyone else, has their reasons for preferring the PS2 over the XBOX. Unfortunately, any reasons we give get 1) shot down as "denial", point blank, or 2) completely ignored if valid, which just lends to the fact that this "discussion" is pure flamebait.

I&#39;ve said it before, and I&#39;ll say it again... kildred11 offers nothing here. He just repeats "some people" are in denial, but never acknowledges those who are not. Why? Because, apparently, everyone who posts here in defense of the PS2 is somehow in denial. Yeah, I don&#39;t get it either...

Seriously, kildred11... I think it&#39;d be in your best interest to just shut up. You&#39;re not accomplishing anything you say you&#39;re trying to do, so what&#39;s the point?

8. Games   -   #38
    Originally posted by kildred11@20 July 2003 - 21:59
    Being closed minded will get you no where.&nbsp; If you can&#39;t sit back and actually read what I am saying than you obviously must have a hard time seeing other viewpoints.&nbsp; I guess it really is up to you if you want to think outside the box.
    and what ARE you saying? you haven&#39;t said anything in this thread. you&#39;ve just blown a lot of hot air about how superior and correct your opinions are, without backing it up.

here&#39;s your original post from the original thread:
    "I realized my mistake and returned it immediatly when I saw the graohics weren&#39;t anything special. But it is unbelievable the escuses PS2 owners will make to try to make themselves think they made the right chose.
    here&#39;s a few:
    "It has more games" (Right and I&#39;m sure you own and play all of them)
    "Xbox is just an OK PC" (And that must make the PS2 a shitty PC)
    "The games play better on the PS2" (I never new poorer graphics power all around made for a better system)

Feel free to add as many more lame escuses these people in denial make.
    And I&#39;m not bias towards the Xbox, I will buy the best system out there, no matter what the brand is"

basically your original thread was about how all you care about are "graohics," and having more and better games doesn&#39;t make a system better. 1) you&#39;re wrong-- awesome graohics + shitty games still equals shitty games. and 2) you&#39;re wrong-- you&#39;re doing everything you can to ignore the issue that lots of good games is a better option than a piddly selection of shitty games.

i can&#39;t believe how much you are in denial, because this thread sucks, and the original "denial" thread sucked. start an argument when you have a better reason than "i took the system back for a refund just because the graohics weren&#39;t cutting edge," k thnx.

9. Games   -   #39
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Oh god will all of you shut the fuck up&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Colecovision has a lot of good games too but it&#39;s an out dated system and yes I still play it so the fuck what&#33;&#33;
    People can say "games make the system" all they want but is the inferior SYSTEM better. NO. The games are due to shear selection.
    Do I play the PS2 more. YES. It has more games. Shear quantity.
    Does the Xbox have only just Halo. FUCK NO. And most folk that say the X is shit haven&#39;t played the games that they call shit.

Call the console better because it has MORE games and I disagree but...let&#39;s leave it at that. My mind won&#39;t change neither anyone else here.
    The X will move forward next year due to technology because it will handle the next gen games when PS2 won&#39;t (HL2, HALO2,DOOM III). If PS2 does get it and I doubt it, it won&#39;t look as good. The folks that sleep with there PS2 will say "but PS2 has it too". So what it looks like shit. When PS3 comes it will leap over Xbox (hopefully) and come with a hard drive.

BUT AS OF NOW WHY THE FUCK IN MY NOW SANE MIND BUY ANYTHING BUT A PS2 EXCLUSIVE FOR THE PS2 (SAME FOR GC). ANY GAME IS BETTER ON THE XBOX

ALSO Kildred (you rat-bastard) you did start this shit too flame. Your probably laughing your ass off
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Games   -   #40
    Originally posted by Busyman@22 July 2003 - 03:13
    Oh god will all of you shut the fuck up&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

People can say "games make the system" all they want but is the inferior SYSTEM better. NO. The games are due to shear selection.
    why don&#39;t you shut the fuck up. :[

the point you&#39;re making is that hardware alone is a system. no it isn&#39;t. hardware is hardware. software is software. hardware plus software is a system. get it? just like a car without fuel is NOT transportation.

and you&#39;re right. Halo is not the only good exclusive Xbox game. that honor belongs to Jet Set Radio Future. Halo can smoke a penis, for all i care.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast