Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: account trading ! why com rep's hates it

Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    why r u giving an account thats the main point if dont want to use just let disabled due inactivity or to delete it yesterday i saw a guy giving 2 fresh acts away so can u tell how many he has acts he signed up and is that good.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    i was concerned about the security issues related with a traded account and MPAA site shut down issues :|

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Well there are other security issues than being shut down you know. How about it just isn't right. A long standing member has earned some respect. newer members have to prove themselves more. They will keep and eye on newer members more so that the older ones they already know. Im not being mean but do you really not get this yet? Polar Bears analogy is one of the best Iv seen having to do with this issue.

I will reverse the question then.

Why should you be able to go against the very site you would die to be a part of to trade an acct?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Its also just plain odd, think about it, you get a traded a/c, you don't know who the friends list is on the site, you don't know what posts have been made before, your sitting there and bam a pm from someone you've never heard of wanting to know how things are & did your pet poodle survive the operation, or even better going into the site irc and having users pop up & say haven't seen you for a while...............
    You all say you want the sites for the community , so the community side of the trackers are the irc chans and the forums, how are you going to be a member of the community with someone elses identity ?
    Thats just plain creepy when you think about it ............

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    A lot of people also trade or giveaway accounts that have been buffered by cheating.

The account may be disabled some time later on, and all the IPs and emails of that account will be linked to the original cheater.

Would you like any connection with a cheater? I don't think so...

Not to mention that the rest of the trackers will probably ban you too, since they communicate with each other and ban possible cheaters before they attempt the same thing on their tracker.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    If you're not active in the site anymore, delete your account.

The person who invited the original account holder did it based on trust. What happens if the person with whom you traded starts doing some stupid thing with the account, like cheating? You'll get your original inviter in trouble after he helped you and trusted you... that's just wrong. Plus you'll be directly associated with it (as znik pointed out). Put yourself in the original inviter's position..

Remember, accounts are meant to be for personal use. Don't want it anymore? don't need it? delete it.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    ok . thanks for all the valuable opinion . you made me realise how wrong my views were

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    All the posters above make excellent posts, and kaffeine in particular raises a really important point regarding the invite tree.

I'll share an example for myself of an invite tree snafu since it may be easier to comprehend.

When Demonoid went off-line for a bit of time last summer, (and I was super-naive to the torrent scene). I asked for, and received an invite to TorrentLeech. When invites opened up I noticed I did not have any even though I made Power user. When I asked staff in their IRC I was told that somewhere in my invite tree was a bad apple. As a result, all the people that were clustered in that invite tree kept their account, but lost any invite privileges (emphasis on the word privilege!!)

So, if you trade an account, that so happens to have a long invite tree associated with it, and the next user of this account messes up big time because they are just a selfish loser, than it is much more than just that one person effected. Many many people who are clustered around that account are affected also. For me it really pissed me off because I maintain myself as a good member of any tracker I belong to. That I lost all privileges because of some idiot above me is VERY annoying.

So....account trading is bad for all the reasons above, (against site rules, compromises site security, etc) but it also can effect many innocent people who are in that site legitimately.

Bottom line...anyone who trades an account is just acting like a selfish dork. They don't see the big picture of who all can be hurt by this kind of activity.

My two cents..........
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Are we doing Lower Kinder Garten here?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    ^ Try writing and explaining yourself when English is not your first language. At least they try.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast