Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: account trading ! why com rep's hates it

SiNa's Avatar Lucid Dreaming BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by kaffeine View Post
    If you're not active in the site anymore, delete your account.

The person who invited the original account holder did it based on trust. What happens if the person with whom you traded starts doing some stupid thing with the account, like cheating? You'll get your original inviter in trouble after he helped you and trusted you... that's just wrong. Plus you'll be directly associated with it (as znik pointed out). Put yourself in the original inviter's position..

Remember, accounts are meant to be for personal use. Don't want it anymore? don't need it? delete it.
    true. but what about you giving away the account to someone who you trust? what you said can also be applied to invites. suppose i invited someone who is a bad user, then the guy who invited me will also get in trouble.
    so its the same thing with invites, but the rules states otherwise.

suppose i have an account at some tracker, and i have a problem in my life or whatever so that i cant use my account anymore. dont you think its better if i give it to someone who can put it in a better use? and also someone who i can trust?

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Adam1990's Avatar Layin down the law BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    They hate it because when you were invited only you were invited to use your account. Generally because your inviter trusted you to be a good user. When you trade the account to same random person, that trust isn't there, the person could be anybody.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    SiNa's Avatar Lucid Dreaming BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1990 View Post
    They hate it because when you were invited only you were invited to use your account. Generally because your inviter trusted you to be a good user. When you trade the account to same random person, that trust isn't there, the person could be anybody.
    you got it all wrong man. did you read my post above? if not, then please read it again

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    It's like i give you nuts to eat and instead of eating it you are greedy enough to exchange for an apple =/

btw, nuts are FAR better than apple.

EDIT:

<scary>
    1. the account might get to authorities as RIAR (did i spell it right?)
    2. the new account holder might already have been banned
    3. the new account holder might cheat, badmouth, H n' R, and might break several other rules as "leaking".
    4. staff might find out and your ex-account or new account might get banned. Meanwhile, you might lose further chance of getting into the site or even worse they might forward your personal info as IP to other tracker.
    5. the poor guy who invited you might get banned =/
    6. if someone have a traded account, it's likely they are scared of getting caught and would not do any attention grabbing stuff as forum participation etc.
    </scary>
    Last edited by squirr3l; 11-23-2007 at 04:44 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    It's like i give you nuts to eat and instead of eating it you are greedy enough to exchange for an apple =/

btw, nuts are FAR better than apple.
    u like nuts? lol

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    Quote Originally Posted by sina1260 View Post
    If you're not active in the site anymore, delete your account.

The person who invited the original account holder did it based on trust. What happens if the person with whom you traded starts doing some stupid thing with the account, like cheating? You'll get your original inviter in trouble after he helped you and trusted you... that's just wrong. Plus you'll be directly associated with it (as znik pointed out). Put yourself in the original inviter's position..

Remember, accounts are meant to be for personal use. Don't want it anymore? don't need it? delete it.
    true. but what about you giving away the account to someone who you trust? what you said can also be applied to invites. suppose i invited someone who is a bad user, then the guy who invited me will also get in trouble.
    so its the same thing with invites, but the rules states otherwise. (again, put yourself in the original inviter's position)

suppose i have an account at some tracker, and i have a problem in my life or whatever so that i cant use my account anymore. dont you think its better if i give it to someone who can put it in a better use? and also someone who i can trust?
    Well, you're right in the sense that the same could happen with invites. You could end up inviting the wrong person.. it's a possibility of course. The difference is that one is responsible for the invites he/she gives out. If I give you an invite, it's because I've known YOU for some time, trust YOU, and want YOU to be part of a community I'm a member of, because I believe you'll be an asset there, and I want my friends over there to meet you and become a good member there, as my invitee.

I don't know your friend, how trusted can he be, what's his background, where he's been... I don't know him and I can't trust him, period. If you trust him so much, then invite him, don't give him the account that was meant to be for you and only for you.

If you're having problems, or for whatever reason you won't be able to use your account, you must delete it (or let it die). I really don't believe it's a good idea at all to give it to your friend, no matter how trusted he is on your eyes. It's not a matter of who can give a better use of the account (you or your friend). If I invited YOU, I wouldn't want anybody else to use it but you.
    Last edited by kaffeine; 11-23-2007 at 04:56 PM.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27

so its the same thing with invites, but the rules states otherwise. (again, put yourself in the original inviter's position)

I don't know your friend, how trusted can he be, what's his background, where he's been... I don't know him and I can't trust him, period. If you trust him so much, then invite him, don't give him the account that was meant to be for you and only for you.
    ohh... so if i invite him then you can trust him???? but if i give him the account then you suddenly dont know about his background or who he is?! its not like you did in the first place.

however about what you said that my inviter does not want anyone else to use my account then thats another story. i agree. but what if he agrees about me giving away the account? then what?

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    ohh... so if i invite him then you can trust him???? but if i give him the account then you suddenly dont know about his background or who he is?! its not like you did in the first place.
    never said I would trust him if you invite him. I just implied that if you do, that would become your responsibility, not mine. YOU, as my invitee, are my responsibility,

however about what you said that my inviter does not want anyone else to use my account then thats another story. i agree. but what if he agrees about me giving away the account? then what?
    It's not for you or your inviter to decide weather an account can be given away or not (remember that in the end, no matter how silly or incoherent it may appear, it is a rule that you should follow). What would happen if your inviter agrees with you cheating in your account? that wouldn't make it 'legal' either. In the particular example you're giving, the right thing that should be done would be for you to delete your account, and the inviter give a new invite to your common friend.

I see your point, but the rules were made in order for you to invite only people that you've known and completely trust.

I'm not trying to convince you at all, just trying to explain my point of view, and you're entitled to your opinion. I see that you're not convinced with any of the explanations given in this thread (not only by me), and you won't change your mind. But I hope you give it a though. Rules are there for a reason, we should respect them.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    @ sina
    No disrespect, but the answer you are looking for has already been posted in this thread.

If I read your post correctly, you are suggesting that account trading is OK if you and the person who you are giving the account to can make some kind of arrangement, and it is agreed to between the two of you, etc etc.

The problems with this approach have already been explained.

The number one rule is: It is not your account to give. Accounts are opened in two ways only: Invites or open signups. Anything done differently is against tracker rules, and if you break the rules eventually you will be caught, and your account banned, and anyone in the invite tree will get screwed over as well. It doesn't matter whether you and your mate have a deal on this account. What matters is how the tracker sees it; and any tracker of quality has absolutely no tolerance for account trading. These sites have coding scripts imbedded within that are triggered when there is a change in IP address, speed, email etc. They have records of banned IP addresses for known cheaters. Your mate may say he's cool, but if he has a bad history, the minute he takes over the account everyone associated with that account is screwed.

That is one reason that should be clear to most people, regarding why account trading is bad; but if someone doesn't care about the tracker rules, and also doesn't care about whether their actions end up banning everyone in the invite tree, well then nothing we say here will make a difference in what a person decides to do.
    Last edited by kallieb; 11-23-2007 at 05:45 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

10. BitTorrent   -   #30

It's not for you or your inviter to decide weather an account can be given away or not (remember that in the end, no matter how silly or incoherent it may appear, it is a rule that you should follow).
    yeah i know. you have to follow the rule and all, but i still disagree. you cant agree on everything now can you?

kallieb: i'm not talking about account trading but giving away. but i can see your point.

rules are rules ha? lol, i guess discussion is finished

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast