Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: HDbits account disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Vagaz View Post
    Too bad for you then. Should have USED your account, rather than just sit on your ass being useless.
    ironic how your post mentions useless

Considering the typical file sizes on HDBits I don't think it was irresponsible of me to try and build a substantial buffer before potentially getting myself into a 20GB hole. That's just good sense and common practice. There may be rules about inactive accounts but my account wasn't inactive. If there was a rule about minimum activity then it is my fault for overlooking it. Can someone please check and confirm. Either way, I received no warning that my account was at risk, my account was just unexpectedly disabled. I have no problem with their (new?) policy, but I think it could have been handled with more communication and courtesy.

I notice that my torrents are still seeding. Perhaps my account is not deleted, just temporarily suspended until the end of freeleech later today?

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    erunestian's Avatar Darkness and Wonder BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Please, somebody, PM the password too... Thanks!

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Vagaz's Avatar Awesomeness
    Pardon my french, of course you're useful to the site when you ONLY leech the free stuff.. using your brain isn't illegal, you know.
    I don't have invites.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    from their forum: " 1GB must be DL per month (but its cumulative, so 13GB = 13 months saftey"
    (topicid=20149)

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    gameover's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    give me user account and help you

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by utear View Post
    from their forum: " 1GB must be DL per month (but its cumulative, so 13GB = 13 months saftey"
    (topicid=20149)
    Thanks for researching that utear. I suppose I could surpass that requirement with a little more effort. Now how do I get my account re-enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by gameover
    give me user account and help you
    If your offer was directed at me my account name was sharktooth.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    You can't get your account re-enabled, lol. It was disabled for a reason. Besides they introduced this requirement few months ago, saying that you need to have 1GB per month downloaded, so if you're on site for 12 months, you need at least 12GB downloaded. Your own fault actually if you never read the news/rules/FAQ etc.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    maybe some people will learn now that it's not all about buffering and high ratios, but using trackers for content/downloading.
    True, too many people collect trackers but hardly download anything off them. At this point in time i'm gonna let my unused accounts expire and concentrate my activity on the few great ones in my collection

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    One of my invitees got disabled this time Pity for him but it was his own fault as I didn't plan to invite him just so he could idle on the site.

But it looks like I'll have to download more as well because due to the recent changes I got demoted as my download value is too low for UHD.

On another note, I believe trying to get your account back is useless because they already know you're not an active user and rather replace you with a fresh batch of users which there are more than enough of.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by kavselj View Post
    You can't get your account re-enabled, lol. It was disabled for a reason. Besides they introduced this requirement few months ago, saying that you need to have 1GB per month downloaded, so if you're on site for 12 months, you need at least 12GB downloaded. Your own fault actually if you never read the news/rules/FAQ etc.
    Actually there doesn't appear to be anything about this in the FAQ. And the only relevant line in the Rules states "You MUST make use of your account. If you download very little, your account will be disabled." but no mention of any requirements. It then goes on to list, in detail, all the consequences of downloading too much - warnings, demotion, slot reduction, ratio requirement, grace period, etc. - offering offenders many chances to redeem themselves which are not being offered to those who may have downloaded too little.
    Last edited by Parag0n; 11-25-2007 at 08:39 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast