Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: x264 reasons

Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I can't say that all of the reasons people have been banned are justified,
    but if you got banned for getting your invite here, you shouldn't be mad at x264,
    because if your inviter paid attention to the rules or read in the forums, they would know not to even try giving away invites, because this would happen...
    x264 has stated very clearly that they check up on FST and they do this to who they catch.
    I understand that people are being generous, but if you're gonna give out invites you should know what the penalties are gonna be.
    In fact, I believe that you can do giveaways with invites, just not in PUBLIC forums... like FST...

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Since I wasn't a member, I had no idea they didn't allow me getting an invite here. I was a good member there for about 6 months. Seeded everything I got from there for long times and had a good ratio like everywhere else I am a member.

Also I could have gotten invited from elsewhere no problem, but as I didn't see a problem they sure as hell shouldn't blame me for getting it here. I spent an hour talking to that powerwhore of an admin they have there on IRC before giving up.

Well it's their loss..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    carpediemm's Avatar FST bitch BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    Since I wasn't a member, I had no idea they didn't allow me getting an invite here. I was a good member there for about 6 months. Seeded everything I got from there for long times and had a good ratio like everywhere else I am a member.

Also I could have gotten invited from elsewhere no problem, but as I didn't see a problem they sure as hell shouldn't blame me for getting it here. I spent an hour talking to that powerwhore of an admin they have there on IRC before giving up.

Well it's their loss..
    But if I make a giveaway. Do they ban me if I have the say username? Or are they admins here so they can see our ip and ban us that way?
    Seize the Day

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I would say that username and timing are the main reasons, but I have heard there are ways to get a persons IP just by sending them a PM with some attachment. But why do a public giveaway and risk your account?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    If you guys are still interested in joining that tracker you should read the invites-thread over at scenehd.org *hinthint*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123