View Poll Results: do you care about pretimes ?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • no

56 60.87%
  • yes ( post why )

36 39.13%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: tracker pretimes - do you really care ?

Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Especially since it seems like most television/DVDs that I want are released later at night, I really don't see a problem in having them start downloading later at night versus earlier, since I'll just be watching them the next day anyways. I suppose when I'm back in California the ability to download my shows and watch them before they air in my local timezone would be appealing? Even then, I don't really care. Speed of download is much more important to me.
    Ask me about my self-esteem!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    dashboardy's Avatar teh sex0r BT Rep: +1
    tbh pre times on the order of differences between 1 min, 26 seconds after pre, and 10 minutes, 34 seconds after pre means not a lot to me. but ya, if it's in comparison with 2 hours+ difference in pre time, then it makes a big difference. the main difference is with large files (> 2 GB) cause pretty much all the main trackers release (for example) heroes within about 15 minutes easily, which makes no diff at all.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    beat's Avatar Square BT Rep: +4
    Only on TV Shows do I care because I want to see them as soon as possible.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    No i do not care all that much about pretimes, as i live in Norway and pretimes are usually in the middle of the night. But it happens that im actually awake when the pres start, And on those days i care about pre times. But anything under 30 min is good enough for me.

And even though i do not care about the times, i think its fun to see what trackers win the "raises" there are some trackers that are easy to get into that have awesome pre times.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    not at all I couldn't care less about a few seconds or even hours...days might bother me though.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    It's nice to have good pretimes, but it's definitely not the most important factor for me. If I have a nice community and good contents, I don't mind waiting some time.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    I voted yes, When it´s a day or two it kinda matters.. Sometimes hours if it´s your favorite show. But minutes? No
    zOMG I´m on Abraxas´ ignore list. My life is over!

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    most of the time i dont but i answered yes because there are a few TV shows that im addicted to and i get them seconds after they show up every week. i swear some of them are addicting as fuck.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    SiNa's Avatar Lucid Dreaming BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    the minutes as already said does not REALLY matter, however a site with faster pretimes (even in minutes) just makes the site more attractive for me (not like that lol).

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    titofat's Avatar The Dark BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    no i dont care too

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast