Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you use different password for different bt site?

Poster
    Yes.

Use Access Manager.

Backup the database to a separate HDD on a weekly basis.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    @ Flicker lol

@ tommy, any backup if paper is lost? and how do u remember all of those or your browser does the job for you?

@ mollusk, thanks for the link, but u don't mention that you use it so is it reliable?

edit: i just installed and removed it...doesn't seem to do good job with special character =/

Yes, it's fairly reliable. The great thing about it is that not only can you import the passwords back into FF, but you can import them into KeePass (if you're on Windows.)
    As a precaution, I basically backup my whole Firefox profile folder in addition to using the password exporter and store the info on my flash drive.

If your computer crashes you can either import the passwords or replace the Firefox profile folder with your old one. I usually replace the folder since it also contains extensions and preferences.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Create a load of passwords:

http://www.pctools.com/guides/passwo...&generate=true

Copy them to a text file.

For each tracker, copy the tracker url back to the text file as you use one of the passwords, save the text file before exiting.

Let firefox remember the password, but you also have a backup on your hard disk as well.

Save the text file to your removable drive (usb pen drive is great for this) and you can take & use them wherever you happen to be.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I use random passwords for all sites e.g. 65lm2cldv53wbu&Ni7

Keep them in notepad documents in two different places and copy/paste them from there when logging in

Only downside is that it's very hard to remember them in my head, but that's the prize of security I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    if so, how do u remember those? is there a pattern? or does firefox does the all the memorization for you, if so, how do u recover when pc crashes? is there a good firefox extension that you can recommend for this?
    well for 80% where im member i use the same pass but with small and bigger words but the pass is same..the rest are differet..and im also using diffrent names also,only on few of them i have same nick

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    mollusk, backing up the whole profile...i could use that thanks again

@ sarge, thanks...seems to be something that will suit me.

@ Blue_Skies, i think you should let ur browser memorize the pw...too much work to c & p pw while logging in, don't u think?

@ Forumas, ya if you have different nick...using same pass isn't much of problem.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 11-27-2007 at 01:26 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    I use a password manager which generates different PW for each site. It outfills the field when I login and backs up the data to a thumb drive. It also comes with a portable version of the program on the thumb drive in case i need to access a site away from home.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Adam1990's Avatar Layin down the law BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I use 4 different user names and 3 different emails. I also use random passwords on each of my better sites but I do use basically the same passwords on my sites people would be less likely to try and get from me. I keep it all on an excel document on a flash drive. The excel document contains the following. url:User Name: password:Email:abbreviation:tracker content: how many invites i have.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    I just use roboforms, to generate and remember my passwords. I run roboforms off my data drive, so its safe from window based fails. All the same i might just do what my dad does and write them all down in book. most of my passwords when they aren't generated are just two or three random words plus a number. so there hard to guess unless you have a very random mind.

Someone invite me to fsc please

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    SiNa's Avatar Lucid Dreaming BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    wh would anyone write it on a piece of paper? they could be lost in so many ways, just do what sgtmajor said, cause thats what i do to.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast