Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the....

psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    People want what they can't have. It's human nature. We strive to better our situation in every aspect of life. Bittorrent levels are another small example of the human condition.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    The WTAW was originally created since n00b traders on the site. They would post threads offering trades for common sites for those that are more closed sites. Those threads were quickly jumped on by regulars suggesting how bad an offer it was. the n00b might have been called a couple names along the way also. The regulars found these threads annoying so the concept of a rating came about.

We chose to have another pin thread to offset issues as mentioned the WTAW might create. That thread is posted in the main BT section on the site. Now n00bs would likely read this before reading the WIAW thread since you have to be a member a month before having access to it. So at this point those joining should have a balance. So its doubtfully that the thread in itself creates the want for those sites as some suggest. Possibly these sites are glorified by their members and those boasting how special it is theyve got in. The sites that are the most chased are those likely the most posted about...

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    [-_-] BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Well its nice to get honest answers from most/all of you, and for an FST staffer to post.
    Im interested how many more opinions i will get on this.

See civil threads can happen here

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    All that rating is what drives most i would think. Basically someone tells them sct or ftn is good, so they want it. Also there seem alot who are just out and out collecters. You find a lot of threads for invites to sites like fsc, where they don't even know much about the site and just want it because everyone else wants it. The only site i really think most ppl have a reason to want is ftn, and thats because of all the no ratio thing.

Before i found out about other sites, i was quite happy with revott, but i will admit there was a time when i was driven to join a lot of sites just for status and boasting rights. But now i have figured it really means little what site your on, and you really only need one 0day account :/

Someone invite me to fsc please

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by celtic View Post
    See civil threads can happen here
    lol, not when I'm around to tell people how stupid they are. *grins*

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    the thing that annoys me most about the effects of high level trackers is so many bittorrent users getting seedbox's, i appreciate the speed an all but how is your average joe with a shitty home connection gonna keep up with ratio's. usenet is a hell of a lot cheaper and totally anonymus yet so many people choose seedbox's becuase they think a high level 0-tracker is a better solution. if your gonna pay for file sharing why you spend a lot more than you have to? leave bt for us poor folk.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Adam1990's Avatar Layin down the law BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Yea I never got paying $100 a month for a seed box when you can get usenet for a fraction of that cost. However it is easy for me to say with my 20/20 home connection :-P

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    [-_-] BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by KinkyAfro View Post
    the thing that annoys me most about the effects of high level trackers is so many bittorrent users getting seedbox's, i appreciate the speed an all but how is your average joe with a shitty home connection gonna keep up with ratio's. usenet is a hell of a lot cheaper and totally anonymus yet so many people choose seedbox's becuase they think a high level 0-tracker is a better solution. if your gonna pay for file sharing why you spend a lot more than you have to? leave bt for us poor folk.
    You have a pretty interesting point there.

I must admit though, I too have spent money on seedboxes but i did it for the whole joy of supplying sites with quality rls's not for glory

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KinkyAfro View Post
    Very true. Personally, I think the whole idea of seedboxes and high level trackers are interrelated. People want to make their lives better and easier. Having a seedbox + high level tracker means you get all the 0-day stuff and you let the seedbox take care of sharing back. I really agree with what Kinky said about usenet, if your gonna pay for warez, might as well pay for usenet because it gets pretty much everything . (Of course, there were sites like Oink with user contributions that couldn't be replaced by Usenet alone.)

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    You know, not only do I not have a seedbox, but I have a really crappy speed, probably significantly worse than a lot of people, but I don't really have problems.

FTN isn't hard to seed at all. I think there's one thing that didn't seed over 1. It seeded to only .8 or something, but it's not a popular show among the users there.

On ScT, Some things seed to one, some don't, some seed well over one, even up to 3. It all evens out, though.

The only site that I'd say is hard to seed is SCC. I can barely get over .7 on torrents there.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast