Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried Halite?

21122012's Avatar Minger BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Baically

Azureus (latest version): Works without problems (although slows computer down)

uTorrent (1.6.1): Works great for a week or so, then all the torrents stop working (red ticks). first time I uninstalled and reinstalled - fine again for a week or so then same thing - red ticks and no connection. Don't think its the port forwarding problem cos I check here:

Utorrent port checker: --> http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=47196

and the port is open so I'm not sure what the problem is, just got a bit paranoid about uTorrent hehe!

If you guys are using uTorrent without problems then it's obviously something wrong my end

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    zedex's Avatar Borat Brother BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by 5MeoDmt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zedex View Post

what do u mean soldout ?
    Basically sold out to a different company. They now monitor the ip addresses of people who use torrents

or thats what I heard anyway!

Anyway, I'm been using the BitTorrent 6.0 application for the last couple of hours and its working loads better than Azureus or µTorrent for me. Might be a router compatibility thing or something.

still man if u got 1.6 then i guess it safe as long as u dont do updates , and as for bitorrent 6 the question is what do the private trackers mode has to say about it ( like some others clients who has been banned for not sending true data )

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Ok, I found another client, the official BitTorrent client 6.0 - available here:

http://www.bittorrent.com/download

looks just like uTorrent and so far is working really well.
    That's from the same company who bought µTorrent

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Seed View Post
    Ok, I found another client, the official BitTorrent client 6.0 - available here:

http://www.bittorrent.com/download

looks just like uTorrent and so far is working really well.
    is it? Sh*t!

think I need to find

'Utorrent Lite'

then!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Utorrent has always worked fine for me....

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Unlimited 100mb ftw.
    This thread is a classic. The guy complains about utorrent selling out then goes and downloads the client of the company that bought utorrent, comedy doesn't get any better.

5MeoDmt if you are that paranoid I suggest Halite or Deluge I guess...nothing wrong with utorrent though.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Galva View Post
    This thread is a classic. The guy complains about utorrent selling out then goes and downloads the client of the company that bought utorrent, comedy doesn't get any better.

5MeoDmt if you are that paranoid I suggest Halite or Deluge I guess...nothing wrong with utorrent though.

ok! ok! I'm new at this

but to retaliate slightly, there is something wrong with uTorrent, that's why people are moaning about it all over the web, and why you can't update past version 1.6.1

It's a learning curve anyway, If both clients are owned by the same company, and Bittorrent 6.0 runs better than uTorrent 1.6.1 then I may as well use Bittorrent 6.0 until something quicker and safer comes along.

By the way, comedy does come much better than this, check out the 'mighty boosh' series 3!

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    I tried Halite but gave up since I got some bugs/crashes with it. Maybe I will re-test it when it will be more stable for me.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    zedex's Avatar Borat Brother BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by PX-Magnant View Post
    I tried Halite but gave up since I got some bugs/crashes with it. Maybe I will re-test it when it will be more stable for me.

can u give me a link to Halite plz

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    I downloaded it from Sourceforge

here's the direct link:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/hal...4&big_mirror=0

:-)

And here's the 'Deluge' client mentioned earlier:

http://download.deluge-torrent.org/i...-0.5.7.1-2.exe

(havn't tried that one yet)

let us know how you get on

Last edited by 21122012; 12-05-2007 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast