Poster
    Originally posted by Bender@23 July 2003 - 20:08
    nikki@Kazaa
    You're boned, NikkiD.
    I thought of her when I saw that too. lol

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by gumbydancin@24 July 2003 - 01:46
    That wouldn't really matter, since they just see if you are sharing copyrighted stuff, and then log your ip addy. Then they contact your isp and get your Real name and such. So you could change your username all you want, but they'd still know who you are and what it was at the time. They just released part of the user name list to make it seem more real to people and scare them a bit. I find that method terribly inneffective B)
    I take it you've never been through a lengthy legal battle. The more confusing you can make the case, the less chance the accuser has of success. Judges are people too and when they see the inaccuracy of these lists and the information presented to them along with a total lack of physical evidence (they don't have your hard drive do they?) or even good digital evidence(No DNA on data), they are gonna toss the majority of these suits out on their asses.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Forum Star
    We have members on this forum who share thousands of files, guys who we (the members) know their real names of, their IP's, the places they live.
    Why do we never hear they get "caught"?

I think chances they'll catch you are slim to non, even if you live in the US or Denmark.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by Bender@23 July 2003 - 20:58
    I think chances they'll catch you are slim to non, even if you live in the US or Denmark.
    I couldn't agree more. And a reason I said changing our user names wouldn't matter, besides the logic involved, is that I HAVE been involved in lengthy legal processes before. I even beat a few.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    You're all forgetting one important thing.
    These lawsuits will be held in the US of A.
    Where people are guilty until proven innocent.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by Ron@24 July 2003 - 01:16
    These lawsuits will be held in the US of A.
    Where someone like Johnny Cochran will find a loophole and get everyone off! Well.... maybe not. Damn republican courts probably think it's worse than having sex on Sundays or something.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    I hate to tell you, but there are far more democrats against P2Ps then republicans. Most courts are liberal anyway.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    No sh*t? I figured the conservative courts would be more against it. Well, damn us liberals then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12