Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Fact About Yourself

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I've got this thing wot the doctor called slight left-side paralysis, like.

Meaning I can walk, and run and everything wot normal people can, but it's way harder to build muscle on my left side and it screws with my coordination, I used to be shit at sports for the longest time, because of it.

Also needed surgery when I was about five, to be able to walk properly. Got a really big scar on my left heel, 'cos of the surgery.

Oh, and I don't feel thirst, and I don't feel pain quite like normal people. It's prolly all related.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Do you really not feel thirst, that must be quite difficult to manage.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Cheeseman1208's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post
    It would also be pretty badass. Snee, you could pick up girls by saying you can't feel pain.

Anyway, I dated a homicidal Asian girl, and survived. She's in prison now, which is a relief.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman1208 View Post
    It would also be pretty badass. Snee, you could pick up girls by saying you can't feel pain.

Anyway, I dated a homicidal Asian girl, and survived. She's in prison now, which is a relief.
    I'm betting you've served some time in the Penitentiary yourself.

Not solitary confinement, like. You know what I mean.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    I don't. Used to get dehydrated all the time. Nowadays I make an effort to make sure I've drunk enough. Some days I could get really hazy from it, when I was in my teens.

When my mouth goes all dry, and the headaches set in, I've been known to call that thirst, though. Maybe on here, even.

Really didn't know it was more of an urge or something, on it's own, for others, until relatively recently.

As for pain, I reckon that while I have a pain threshold what's fairly high, my initial sensations of pain must be about the same as for normal people, it's prolonged exposure to it that my body handles differently. My body produces too much endorphins or something, so I get a wee bit of a high*, moreso if it's a serious injury. I think I've mentioned that before.

Whatever bits I have in my head what handle those kinds of sensations must be off, and like I said, it's prolly related to the paralysis-thingie.

EDit: *and the pain almost stops entirely. When my foot got mashed back in 2000 it hurt like a bitch for maybe 30 minutes, then it just stopped. The following two days I walked around on it, when I wasn't operating heavy machinery I remember driving into stuff and giggling. When my boss made me go to the company doctor, they told me I shouldn't be able to walk.

The worst thing is that being high on endorphins doesn't exactly help you to take care of yourself, so I may end up doing myself more harm that way if the damage is bad enough to start with.
    Last edited by Snee; 12-15-2007 at 09:35 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    you seem to be a true warrior snee, it must be tough

7. Lounge   -   #47
    No, no, it's a barrel of laughs it is

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I was once given a formal warning for impersonating an officer of the law. True story.
    Now go away.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I've had someone else's brain matter on my face and clothes.

(no I'm not a zombie).

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Now go away.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast