Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can Riaa See In On Latest Kazaalite?

As said, they only provided the user names which do not identify anything, though they have the IP's as well.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by Paul+25 July 2003 - 10:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Paul @ 25 July 2003 - 10:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Burnman@24 July 2003 - 20:46
    With all this talk about he RIAA prosecuting, can they see your files and activity with the latest Kazaalite?
    they can ONLY see the files they download from you, or you from them

(if the privacy options are turned on of course) [/b][/quote]
    so if we get got, from downloading from them.....aren&#39;t they breaking the law?

it&#39;s only going to take a few senators family members to get sued.....and that will be the end of it...

and if i get sued...im going to start a ruckuss in court...maybe throw a chair or two...plead INSANITY&#33;

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Well, I just got off of the phone with Earthlink....

"Make sure you have filesharing turned off" and "if we did have to turn in any names, it would only be through a court order. we would let you know that your name was listed"

Nice to hear them say that... now, what&#39;s RR have to say... calling them next.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    chalkmongoose
    I&#39;ve been suspicious of ES5 for awhile, but they share way to many streamed movies...

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by metalrebelzz@25 July 2003 - 08:06
    hey Hogster, they already DID that...it&#39;s called KMD (Kazaa Media Desktop).....
    KMD is bad?

oh shit.......

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Use a Socks 5 proxy server, and they cant see shit. (Even with netstat). My proxy server shows up as me being in Spain, luckily, the stupid fucks fall for it.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    If an RIAA site were to supply material it wouldn&#39;t be illegal, as they would have the permission of the copyright holder.

It would however probably preclude prosecution as it would almost certainly be entrapment.

It would also be difficult to sue you, as they had given it to you so what were you doing wrong by taking it.

I am fed up with people here saying how stupid the RIAA is. They are enormously wealthy and can afford any expertise they need. That&#39;s why you need to take the safety measures outlined here.

If you chose not to you deserve whatever happens to you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12