Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: seedbox users , do you hit and run ?

chillincool's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I usually close my torrent as soon as people stop downloading it after the initial upload
    Last edited by chillincool; 12-18-2007 at 03:18 AM.
    "They were cheap masks locked on festering thoughts--voices gabbling to drown out the loud silence in every breast."

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    you would actually have to make an effort to hit & run off of a seedbox, as in hover over the torrent waiting for it to complete then delete it immediately, which is insane, by the time you download the file to your local pc via ftp it will be close to if not over a 1:1 ratio on the server anyway. The beauty of a seedbox is that all the seeding is done on a remote pc so that you have all of your local pc bandwidth available for other things. most torrent sites require 1:1 ratio or seeding for a certain amount of time , the beauty of buffering a/c's is that you can get older torrents at leisure without worrying about ratio, seed them for at least the time required then even if no one else has downloaded you have still done your bit. That is the main reason for buffering a/c's so that you can get what you want without worrying about your ratio, it makes it alot easier to just browse.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    you would actually have to make an effort to hit & run off of a seedbox, as in hover over the torrent waiting for it to complete then delete it immediately, which is insane, by the time you download the file to your local pc via ftp it will be close to if not over a 1:1 ratio on the server anyway. The beauty of a seedbox is that all the seeding is done on a remote pc so that you have all of your local pc bandwidth available for other things. most torrent sites require 1:1 ratio or seeding for a certain amount of time , the beauty of buffering a/c's is that you can get older torrents at leisure without worrying about ratio, seed them for at least the time required then even if no one else has downloaded you have still done your bit. That is the main reason for buffering a/c's so that you can get what you want without worrying about your ratio, it makes it alot easier to just browse.
    I think he is thinking about what you do with the Buffer you get with your box.
    When you leech torrents straight home and not trough the box.
    I might be mistaking though
    My e-penis is so big it makes John Holmes look like a little boy.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Galva View Post
    What the?

If the site has a hit'n'run policy you be will warned/banned. (seedbox is irrelevant)
    If the site doesn't have a hit'n'run policy you will not be warned/banned. (seedbox is irrelevant)

Get the drift?
    Every site has a ratio policy though. You can't hit and run on sites without a hit and run policy without a buffer. Some people require a seedbox to get a decent buffer. The connection isn't that complicated is it?

I do this by the way, use a friend's seedbox when I can to buffer my most used accounts, and then hnr when I wish. Of course, I dont use inferior trackers with hnr policies.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    y the hell do u need to hit and run when uhve a seedbox.........

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    it would be pretty low to hit and run with a seedbox lol..
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Unlimited 100mb ftw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galva View Post
    What the?

If the site has a hit'n'run policy you be will warned/banned. (seedbox is irrelevant)
    If the site doesn't have a hit'n'run policy you will not be warned/banned. (seedbox is irrelevant)

Get the drift?
    Every site has a ratio policy though. You can't hit and run on sites without a hit and run policy without a buffer. Some people require a seedbox to get a decent buffer. The connection isn't that complicated is it?

I do this by the way, use a friend's seedbox when I can to buffer my most used accounts, and then hnr when I wish. Of course, I dont use inferior trackers with hnr policies.
    Ahhh? I hit'n'run when I wish at home also...the seedbox is still irrelevant though, anyone can build a buffer on any connection...the OP's question is dumb was the point of that last post.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffy View Post

I think he is thinking about what you do with the Buffer you get with your box.
    When you leech torrents straight home and not trough the box.
    I might be mistaking though
    that is what i meant

you use your seedbox , help the site and its users to download faster and you pay to build a buffer , so dont you think you have a right to hit and run for the efforts you made in the first place to seedback and buffer your account when you no more own a box ?

i dont think many people are going to admit it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123