Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caught p2p?

hbkwarez's Avatar Warrior Within BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Private torrent are not 100% safe!

BT go by like how much data you are downloading on your limited 40 gb FAIR USAGE POLICY and fuck you by saying " YOu download from p2p"
    One of my Uk Friend had same problem

There is no way u can hide your ip when downloading from Torrents!
    if u wanna be 100% safe don't use them Or find alternative like Usenet or rapidshare

Again i would suggest
    1. Get a New Unlimited connection from diff ISP....

2. For current month don't download from torrents Use rapidshare or usenet

3. Try using peergurdian
    Last edited by hbkwarez; 12-18-2007 at 01:50 PM.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    It's too late, the damage is done.

Swapping ISPs is pointless, what you've done is on record already. Any ISP will have to follow the same policies regarding copyright notices. In fact, I think your ISP has been extremely lenient if you've had several violations reported before as the letter suggest. Most companies would have terminated your account by now. By not terminating your account they are really putting themselves at risk according to the DMCA.

Peer guardian is a joke. It's the "Duck and Cover" of the torrent world.
    Your IP is transfered through the entire swarm. With one connection to one user the IPs of everyone in the swarm can be reveled.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    i've gotten a similar mail.. a while backs... i have cablevision also..don't worry its just a scare tactic........... if it makes ya feel better lay low for a bit.... no need to change ISPs ... but i would get off the public trackers though... thats what i did... private trackers aren't 100% safe either but, ya gots less chance of that happening....

as was stated.. you can't hide your ip ... so why bother.. just try to stay away from the public trackers...
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    dont worry about it, prison's not that bad. I did time back in '94 for p2p

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    thanks for the advice
    but one more.. if i just download tv shows like Heroes, and gossip girl (don't ask haha) it should be fine right, because thousands of people download those and i'm sure those aren't the target downloads for the riaa/dmcaa/w/e theyre called

but u think cablevision is monitoring me now? i mean is it as long as i just don't dl big movies..it should be fine (well obviously after no charges were pressed etc...)

maybe i should just tivo.. lol

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Switch to Usenet, safest way to p2p.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    arkiebrian's Avatar Capitalist Pig BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    If you use a seedbox and FTP between the seedbox and your local computer you are bypassing the ISP monitoring your IP for BT protocol...

I agree that it sounds like a scare tactic...but it's a good scare tactic. I would take measures to guard against them being able to monitor what your DLing. Using private trackers is a step in the right direction. At least their is a key to "listening" in on the BT traffic then. Public trackers have no key at all...making it very easy to monitor what's going on...believe me it makes easy pickings for those who wish to sue their customers.

Peer Guardian gives a false sense of security. It does block known IP ranges of government organizations, etc. from monitoring BT activity but it is not a failsafe method. Using private trackers is safer.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by eric884 View Post
    thanks for the advice
    but one more.. if i just download tv shows like Heroes, and gossip girl (don't ask haha) it should be fine right, because thousands of people download those and i'm sure those aren't the target downloads for the riaa/dmcaa/w/e theyre called

but u think cablevision is monitoring me now? i mean is it as long as i just don't dl big movies..it should be fine (well obviously after no charges were pressed etc...)

maybe i should just tivo.. lol

It doesn't matter what you download, if the copyright holder wants to make a big deal out of it they can. A TV show can be just as serious as a movie.

This whole situation has almost nothing to do with your ISP. They are just the middleman. They did not report you, in all reality they don't care what you do. All they care about is the amount of bandwidth you are using, and if they aren't complaining all is well.
    It would actually be a crime, similar to wiretapping for them to monitor the actual files you are downloading.

What happened is that you joined a BT swarm. There was a connection made to you by an anti-piracy agent. They took your IP and sent notice to your ISP that copyrighted material was being sent from your connection. Your ISP then passed this notice on to you. It is really up to your ISP if any of your personal information was released to the anti-piracy agent. They don't have to release information about you without a court order, but many do without.

You may not know for sometime what your actual situation is.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Member BT Rep: +1
    Nope

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    BANNED
    Just change isp. Or email your isp back and tell them you were checking for a friend to see if the file was real or not to report it to the mpaa lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast