Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: For A L L That Use P2p Or Share Files

chalkmongoose
    The RIAA is doing its best to spin the bullshit into a cloud. I feel rightly splattered. They have NO legal abilities to arrest anybody, although with Bush on the bench, they'll be marching down main street in full Nazi regalia, with Chairman Ashcroft leading the charge in little time at all.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    I registered and sent the letter to my representatives. Thank you for this quality and timely information, Clocker.

Neverose

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    chalkmongoose
    Sorry guys, but I ain't gonna bother. I have other stuff to do, like stare at my wall. If you think that any member of congress is going to step up and say "giving money to big corporations is wrong" then you're living in the past. Bush has removed any chance of that.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@25 July 2003 - 17:54
    two things about this site put me off

1. they consider implementing charges for downloading music
    2. this site seems to be u.s. only
    Then get the fuck out. Asshole.

I'm getting my letter sent in.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by Time+26 July 2003 - 07:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Time @ 26 July 2003 - 07:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3rd gen noob@25 July 2003 - 17:54

I&#39;m getting my letter sent in. [/b][/quote]
    I tried to say it nicely earlier...
    I think the idea of this post is to find a solution, if you wish not to be a part of that then perhaps stay away from this post, since your comments are not productive.
    But you got straight to the point...
    I duuno why people choose to shit on ice cream...

Good to see some letters going out,
    though for as many views as this has got
    it would be nice to see more responses here.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    jakert50's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose@25 July 2003 - 23:27
    Sorry guys, but I ain&#39;t gonna bother. I have other stuff to do, like stare at my wall. If you think that any member of congress is going to step up and say "giving money to big corporations is wrong" then you&#39;re living in the past.
    You know what, that may be true, but you also have to remember that the US government is a representative government, which means everyone in office must represent the people of America. This means if more and more people support something (such as this), the elected official will eventually show support for the people&#39;s requests. If the elected official doesn&#39;t seem to represent the people who voted for him, he will loose their votes in the next election (and if that many people are using P2P, that could be a dangerously high number).

So, instead of staring at your wall, why don&#39;t you try doing something and tell your elected official...the one who is representing you in courts and meetings and such...to stop this RIAA bullshit. I&#39;ve had enough of it, and yes, my letter&#39;s in the mail.

Bush has removed any chance of that.
    You Democrats make me sick. But you know what? Don&#39;t change the subject. Just get your ass off the chair facing the wall and do something.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    jakert50's Avatar Poster
    EDIT- Double post. Sorry

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Originally posted by REALITY+26 July 2003 - 07:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY &#064; 26 July 2003 - 07:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Time@26 July 2003 - 07:10
    <!--QuoteBegin-3rd gen noob
    @25 July 2003 - 17:54

I&#39;m getting my letter sent in.
    I tried to say it nicely earlier... [/b][/quote]
    I know, I&#39;m just not in the mood for hearing any complaining. From now on I will refer to him as "Asshole".

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose@26 July 2003 - 06:27
    Sorry guys, but I ain&#39;t gonna bother. I have other stuff to do, like stare at my wall. If you think that any member of congress is going to step up and say "giving money to big corporations is wrong" then you&#39;re living in the past. Bush has removed any chance of that.
    Bravo...
    I don&#39;t think a bunch of useless law suits against kids (approximately 25% of users are under the age of 18) is going to put much money in anyones pocket, so whats your point here.

What we are trying to accomplish is a resolution, which you may have seen one to your liking had you read http://www.eff.org/share/compensation.php.

Congress will HAVE to step in, just like they did when those in the music business tried to put radio out of business, they implemented Voluntary Collective Licensing.

In addition it took me 15 seconds to send that letter to all that needed.

Also you may want to change you sig to...
    "Bringer of Apathy"

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Did I mention I don&#39;t like extreme leftists?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast