Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who else ported from What to Waffles yesterday?

I laugh to ppl that wait for freeleech just to have things without giving back...

freeleech is good to fix your ratio and increase your buffers... but needing it just to leech leech leech is quite funny

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I abandoned What previously, but not because of this.

And, in fact, they abandoned me. What banned me for selling invites on ebay, which quite frankly is not only false, but it's insulting. In the IRC, I was ignored when asked how they prove something like that.

On another note, they have a bug in their coding, and I have been banned for... hm maybe a week or a little more, and I can still view the browse page, I can see all the torrents, I can see all the uploader's usernames. It just doesn't seem safe to me at all.

As far as downtime, Waffles has had it's fair share, but What is definitely more unreliable.

There's a definite peer problem on both trackers though. A lot of the time, I don't instantly download because no one is seeding.

I still miss OiNK.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    there won't be a 2nd OiNK

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Swax's Avatar n00blet
    Waffles has definitely overtaken What in terms of popularity, speed and reliability.

Waffles saw the need for a Free Leech because any fairly new music site needs free leech to get the number of seeds up. The fact that there's so many unique torrents on a music site means some will only ever get 10 snatches, so they need things like free leech to let people jump on and help seed.

The only thing I can suggest What to do is have a Free Leech commencing 2nd Jan, once everyone else's FL has ended. Not only will they stand out from the crowd but it'll help stave off the exodus to Waffles.

P.S. What fanboys need not reply

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    jayz707's Avatar the human BT Rep: +1
    i think free leech for Christmas is always something nice, or else i won't be able to download most of the things i like to cause i know if i do it will eat my ratio... waiting for what.cd to have a freeleech...

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    I laugh to ppl that wait for freeleech just to have things without giving back...
    giving back? by downloading people's torrents, i'm giving them upload credit!

Quote Originally Posted by jayz707 View Post
    waiting for what.cd to have a freeleech...
    if i recall correctly, ? said there wouldn't be one until they stabilize and upgrade the servers so they are able to handle the load of a freeleech.
    but by that time it seems everyone else would have taken advantage of waffles freeleeches
    Last edited by anak; 12-25-2007 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    chillincool's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Waffles has had freeleech on for way too long, half the people there have so much buffer that they'll never have to share again in their life.
    "They were cheap masks locked on festering thoughts--voices gabbling to drown out the loud silence in every breast."

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    guess i better start using waffles.

Someone invite me to fsc please

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I actually like what over waffles. I do appreciate the unexpected freeleech from waffles though. They have some excellent uploaders over there. Yea i don't really care about the whole "screw you if theres no free leech" crap though. Just my two sense.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Yea i don't really care about the whole "screw you if theres no free leech" crap though. Just my two sense.
    It's not that I'm going to completely neglect my what.cd account; waffles.fm is just going to be the dominant one for cds, since with this huge upload credit I am going to preserve snatching albums off of waffles instead of what for the year. Although the two ratios might balance out if what continues their staff picks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast