Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monitor

yep, well I jut got a monitor that something was going to throw out. It would turn on, and the screen would light up a little but nothing would show. Just a connection problem between the computer and the monitor, I will check the pins when I get home

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    I'v gotten so many free crt monitors that " don't work " from friends and work , most just had a bent pin on the cable that I carefully straightened then passed on to friends . First thing I would check tho .
    checked the pins, still not working.

Any other tricks?
    After checking more thoroughly, I found that two pins were missing out of the total 15 that were supposed to be there

Now my question is , is it possible to fix this? Can I just insert pins, and is it possible to buy these from a local stoe?

To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    I believe it's supposed to be missing a pin or two.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Ok did some researching after knowing that some pins are suppose to be missing. It seems for Ibm computers that pins 5,9, and 13 can be left out on purpose as they do no have a funtion.

Here is the pin layout:
    1 red
    2 green
    3 blue
    4 ID bit
    5 n/c
    6 red ground
    7 green ground
    8 blue ground
    9 n/c
    10 ground
    11 ID bit 11
    12 ID bit 12
    13 H sync / Composite
    14 V sync
    15 n/c

I was missing 5 and 9 which is alright. So something else must be the problem

To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12