Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: torrents vs scene ftp

DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    FatBob you would need a min of 2 boxes because the scene will not associate with p2p. You'd have 1 box just for the topsite and another that downloads and seeds what you want from the topsite.

That and 100megbit/s boxes will not go far. It really needs to be gigabit. Most 100megbit/s sites are slow. Sure a rls might start 10 sec after pre but how long until it finishes? it feels like hours to race a dvd. that and most 100megbit/s sites are smaller so they only have current rls and not month old stuff, and fewer sections than gigabit.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Yea i forgot to mention that, you need two boxes. One which you "donate" to them, and one you use to race stuff.

Someone invite me to fsc please

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    FatBob you would need a min of 2 boxes because the scene will not associate with p2p. You'd have 1 box just for the topsite and another that downloads and seeds what you want from the topsite.

That and 100megbit/s boxes will not go far. It really needs to be gigabit. Most 100megbit/s sites are slow. Sure a rls might start 10 sec after pre but how long until it finishes? it feels like hours to race a dvd. that and most 100megbit/s sites are smaller so they only have current rls and not month old stuff, and fewer sections than gigabit.
    thanks for the info

no wonder why the sceners gets pissed off when these
    " expensive " releases get leaked to p2p and people download it for free

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    i'm $0 myself

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    you are lucky danielle

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    nope

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    the reason i opened this thread is to try to open more kindness between admins of private trackers and potentional new members of torrent community, because no torrent tracker can compare to good scene ftp if you got good crew and good connections

I would like to make ppls to have great world with no calling cheaters because ppls run away because they dont seed, of course everyone wants to seed, but see now ppls have to pay for seedboxes (ones who dont have good connection) in order to stay a member on certain tracker, I would say seeding is great and what we all want but the others that cant do it for some reason dont make big deal out of it.

For me not such a good thing is when you invite "cheater" you loose invite possibility
    This can happen and that person maybe dont have good connection to stay active, but if its p2p to share then why block others who wanted to help others. thats my opinion.

Also this rep things. and you deserve it you dont deserve it such a comment. ppls here are used to look on bit torrent reputation because they allowed their brain to function based on what someone else added in sticky levels of certain tracker, and most of members here make a big deal out of it. and that again cant be compared to ftp scene.

So admins: help others to join your trackers, but in order to protect your tracker have your servers in russia and ure done.

When ill upload enough quality stuff about elearning i will give free invites to elearning ppls.

Because i use only bittorrent for elearning cant promise anyone to count for me or something else anymore because im officially dead.

Hope this helps!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    I hope your kidding. The best sites are formed by intially letting anyone join, and slowly and steadily weeding out bad users, until regs close, and then invites given to good users. Its a long process, and to just let anyone in, and not punish those who invite poor users, would ruin it.

Someone invite me to fsc please

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    actually the best sites are where specific people are offered to join only and are required to prove their qualification before being allowed to stay on the site. sites like that tend to be so private that the only people who know about the site are on it and they don't even know the site until after being invited.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    @pandabear i guess you misunderstood my point there,and its not necessary for me to comment on your post from different angle we both agree on your point, however i looked at this at totally honest prospective and from different angle again. Scene way dosent have such problems.

For me its cool

The point is to teach common cheaters love, so when they learn it they will share with others and thats how everyone will benefit from it
    Last edited by matta12; 12-28-2007 at 02:49 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast