Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever....

fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I usually try out lot of those open signup trackers and sometimes I find jems like scl flower and few others. Other then that I get only what I need and few others for backup

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fsephie View Post

I'm not talking about scene sites, which you seem to be very fond of. I'm talking about the specialty sites that cater to a very specific set of interests. And when you go to a site with what you want that is of high quality, you end up with a knowledgeable and enjoyable community. I joined TT because it is the best tracker for what it has (and what it has you can't necessarily find on newsgroups) and that means the community enjoys those genres of music just as much as I do.

But hey, enjoy your 50 scene sites okay .
    No need for the sarcasm mate, I wasnt attacking you up there. Specialty sites are in the same box as scene sites though:

For example...we can go with gaming sites or music sites

There are atleast 30 music trackers I know of, atleast 10 use the same layout on their sites as well. It would be impossible to know which is right for you without trying them out

Gaming sites: There are a few big ones: bcg, ug, bg, iplay, wii tor, ntor, xbox sky (which sucks btw) now without trying any of them out, how would you know if bcg was better for you or bg or iplay without trying them out? They all offer the same thing and have decent communities.

You can also do the same for any category, anything you want has multiple options as far as which community you can join...

that is all I was saying up there
    I'm wondering, since you became a BCG member less than four days ago, if you aren't just going to drop all those other trackers you've "tried out"? And one might wonder if you'd do the same if given an invite to other genre-specific top trackers.

Trackers don't want you to "try them out" and then just let your account stagnate. Community comes about from people who actually stay around when there is nothing and build it up. The reason these trackers you want to leave don't have a nice community feel or whatever it is you want is because they lack people who care. Instead, they just have a bunch of people going "OOH NEW TRACKER!" and just signing up for three days and forgetting about it, or even better upping releases from other trackers to get a nice ratio shot.
    Ask me about my self-esteem!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    you are a pretty negative person arent you? Lol no matter what I say you still make every attempt to make me look bad....

For the record: I used to be on bcg a long time ago but when i moved to my new house and didnt have internet for about a month or so, alot of my accounts were pruned at different trackers. I think I uploaded about 400gb and had about 500 forum posts as well as being active in the irc from time to time, so don't lecture me about community as I know enough about it.

I wasnt in a rush to get it or anything, the owner happened to see that I didnt have it and hooked me up, that is all....

Dont worry, Be happy:
    Last edited by fatcat69; 01-01-2008 at 07:51 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Same thing happens for me on speciality sites. But i don't delete because i like the range, esp for things like games and music, when your looking for a random thing.

Someone invite me to fsc please

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12