Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some questions about rtorrent

arbaal's Avatar Poster
    try setting session = "" or comment it out in config file, restart rtorrent and see if it helps.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    if I do that, will all my downloads & uploads continue ? Or it'll make another session and can't find the old one ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    arbaal's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fstokebanget View Post
    if I do that, will all my downloads & uploads continue ? Or it'll make another session and can't find the old one ?
    Can't tell for sure becouse i don't use rtorrent anymore. I guess they won't continue automatically after you have restarted your rtorrent and changed session options (dest). But your data won't be lost ofc and you should be able to add those torrents and start from the point you stopped =]

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I'll try
    anyone has idea after put the tracker file into rtorrent, did it make a copy and save somewhere else, like in utorrent, all the active tracker file would go to Application Data\utorrent

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Bunny Hopper BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I'll try
    anyone has idea after put the tracker file into rtorrent, did it make a copy and save somewhere else, like in utorrent, all the active tracker file would go to Application Data\utorrent
    From the man page:

-s directory
    Session management will be enabled and the torrent files for all open downloads will be stored in this directory. Only one instance of rtorrent should be used with each session directory, though at the moment no locking is done. An empty string will disable the session directory.

If you're using a config file, then it's probably "session = ~/.session"

I haven't used rtorrent in a long time, but from looking at the user guide, it's pretty clear how to add a torrent without starting it (press Enter, type in torrent path, go to file view and choose). If the torrent keeps autostart for some reasons, you can still stop it and go to file view to change as well.
    Last edited by naq; 01-06-2008 at 02:02 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    got it, thanks a lot, somehow when I changed from "session = ./session" to session = ~/session", the auto download stops

I have another question regarding rTorrent, why rTorrent can't get the total numbers of peers in the swarm ? It always display as 0. This is the screenshot of my rTorrent :

anyone knows how to make it works ?

thanks
    Last edited by fstokebanget; 01-08-2008 at 09:38 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    bump anyone

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    I'm not sure how to stop it completely before it starts downloading. I load a torrent into rtorrent.

1. Use up/down arrows to highlight the torrent. (it highlights with three asteriesks)
    2. Use right arrow once (now you will see Peer List, Info, File List, Tracker List, Chunks seen, and Transfer list)
    3. Use down arrows twice to highlight File List
    4. Use right arrow once to select a file inside the torrent.
    5. hit shift-8 at the same time ( this will cycle from not downloading, low priority or high priority for all files.)

If you want to turn on and off different files hit spacebar once you have them selected.
    Last edited by Razrak; 01-09-2008 at 04:02 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    got it, thanks a lot, somehow when I changed from "session = ./session" to session = ~/session", the auto download stops

I have another question regarding rTorrent, why rTorrent can't get the total numbers of peers in the swarm ? It always display as 0. This is the screenshot of my rTorrent :

anyone knows how to make it works ?

thanks
    does anyone know how to make rtorrent could read the numbers of total leechers in a torrent swarm ? like the sc.shot above, it always read as '0'

thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12