Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Partition Magic

Poster
    This one is free.
    Forget about "upgrading" when software gives you problems.
    Patition magic 8 and beyond are nothing more than a desperate poorly written atempt to cash in on the "upgrade frenzy".
    Partition magic 6 or 7 will do the job I "think"you are trying to do.

If you are trying to create a second partition on the drive, you must first resize the existing partition. Only the first partition should be primary logical unless you intend to install a hidden OS on it and boot from bootmagic. In that case, you should have created the rescue floppys and partitioned from them in DOS. You can then set active the one you want to boot from and use bootmagic to boot to the other. For a simple second storage partition, make it an extended logical partition, not active.
    The numbers and info you posted above are meaningless unless you're a drive technician. A full description of what it is you're trying to acomplish and the exact error you are encountering would make it easier to guide you in future.
    And for the record, kazaa lite related - problems is for kazaa lite, the program, related problems only.
    This falls under software/hardware problems and it's the reason these forums (sections) were created.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    well im glad we got that sorted, lol. well it was an extended logical partition i was trying to obtain to recover some files, i dont know why its now working, but its done the job fine, and its now sitting happy with a 116 primary logical partition with xp and and extended logical partition for recovery...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12