Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions On Western Digital External Hard Drive

Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+28 July 2003 - 01:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 28 July 2003 - 01:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-I.am@28 July 2003 - 01:27
    Looks like I forgot to write GB. The one I got was for 160GB I was lucky&#33;&nbsp;
    160GB Western Digital External Drive for &#036;89?&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Yes but when I got it with all the rebates on that store.
    Go check the site now, you will be surprised to see all the rebates you could get. I used the external HDD for my laptop. So bought a case and USB 2.0 card.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by I.am+28 July 2003 - 01:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (I.am @ 28 July 2003 - 01:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@28 July 2003 - 01:28
    <!--QuoteBegin-I.am
    @28 July 2003 - 01:27
    Looks like I forgot to write GB. The one I got was for 160GB I was lucky&#33;

160GB Western Digital External Drive for &#036;89?&#33;
    Yes but when I got it with all the rebates on that store.
    Go check the site now, you will be surprised to see all the rebates you could get. I used the external HDD for my laptop. So bought a case and USB 2.0 card. [/b][/quote]
    Fuck that would be so sweet.&#036;89.....I am looking.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by I.am@28 July 2003 - 01:22
    Update: Go to this site Tech Bargains
    Scroll down and look at all the rebates and prices. 200GB is for &#036;149 and 80GB is for &#036;50.
    B)
    Go get it&#33; (Hope you are in U.S )
    But these prices are not for externals...I saw these in the paper ADs today.They for internals.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    i&#39;m jealous of the low prices for hardware and rebates in the u.s.

in the uk, things are much more expensive, and we don&#39;t get rebates

you americans are lucky...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+28 July 2003 - 01:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 28 July 2003 - 01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-I.am@28 July 2003 - 01:22
    Scroll down and look at all the rebates and prices. 200GB is for &#036;149 and 80GB is for &#036;50.
    B)
    But these prices are not for externals...I saw these in the paper ADs today.They for internals. [/b][/quote]
    Thats what I explained. You can make your own external with low prices. Buy a case thats for like &#036;30 (USB 2/0 & firewire enabled) and a huge capacity HDD . Put that in and its all ready. I am using one of those and the total only costen about &#036;110. (160 GB & Case) (USB 2.0 Card was another &#036;30 but u dont need that I suppose)

OR are you looking for some fancy external HDD. I would say get your own case. Good price and great deal.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by I.am+28 July 2003 - 01:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (I.am &#064; 28 July 2003 - 01:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@28 July 2003 - 01:42
    <!--QuoteBegin-I.am
    @28 July 2003 - 01:22
    B)

But these prices are not for externals...I saw these in the paper ADs today.They for internals.
    Thats what I explained. You can make your own external with low prices. Buy a case thats for like &#036;30 (USB 2/0 & firewire enabled) and a huge capacity HDD . Put that in and its all ready. I am using one of those and the total only costen about &#036;110. (160 GB & Case) (USB 2.0 Card was another &#036;30 but u dont need that I suppose)

OR are you looking for some fancy external HDD. I would say get your own case. Good price and great deal. [/b][/quote]
    You never said too make your own.But have talked to Jetje about this before...so might look into that.Thanks buddy.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Can I buy these cases at the local CompUSA or bestbuy?I never see them in Paper ADs. Am looking for them now.

Because I look this up...about making a external harddrive and nothing really comes up.Search Results

Yes.....I am a total NOOB at this.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Guitar-Slinger@28 July 2003 - 01:03
    For new storage hardware, I would consider DVD burner too,
    those are getting cheaper,
    for HD, I consider 120GB with 8MB cache.

This is just some stuff im throwing out of hat here...

But, since you mentioned it, External HD has a lot of advantages.

Cheers:
    -GS-
    Yes but the media for a DVD burner is still to expensive.............and GL
    How do you use a DVD burner for a hard drive?

Peace brotherdoobie

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Just some links to external HD cases...

Starking Tech

some more from a "shop"

q-tec

lowen

mapower

There are plenty more out there... i just have simple ones called "Site" or something like that but already gave you that name in pm... With an additional fan i built in they work great. Have to say the external Maxtor i have looks more pretty, but this way it&#39;s a lot cheaper and technically equal...&#33;

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@28 July 2003 - 02:13
    Can I buy these cases at the local CompUSA or bestbuy?I never see them in Paper ADs. Am looking for them now.

Because I look this up...about making a external harddrive and nothing really comes up.Search Results

Yes.....I am a total NOOB at this.
    Got a pretty late in replying. Glad Jetje helped you already. The best play to buy them would be at ebay. Here I already did a search on ebay with "External Enclosure" Link. You can go there and chose the one you want and is cheaper. The one I got was for about &#036;30 two months back inclduding shipping. So you just might get a nice deal there. But always choose USB 2.0 and firewire.

Goodluck FC&#33;

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast