Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Metal Music

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Stratovarius
    damm theres another one I forgot

2. Music   -   #22
    Originally posted by Arm@29 July 2003 - 04:28
    I grew up listening to Led Zeppelin so guys that sound like chicks don't bother me.
    Yes, I've always thought of Robert Plant as being from the Edith Bunker school of annoying whiny vocalists. Along with Axl Rose and StevenTyler.

My musical tastes are highly varied, and I haven't considered myself a Heavy Metal Elitist since I finished puberty. Even so, there are several artists I still admire.

:thinks:

Ozzy.

Twisted Sister, the band that got me into metal in the first place.

Hmm, maybe by "several artists" I was overestimating it a bit. There ARE several other bands I like, but I think of them more as Rock 'N' Roll or Hard Rock rather than exclusively Metal, such as Judas Priest, Ozzy-era Sabbath, misc. hair bands from the Eighties....

3. Music   -   #23
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I just had to dig this up again...

First of all I have to say I'm shocked that no one has mentioned Iron Maiden so far!!!!

Second a few bands I like..

Blind Guardian
    Iron Maiden
    Cannibal Corpse
    Six Feet Under
    Nile
    Dying Fetus
    Immortal
    ...and Oceans
    Impaled Nazarene
    and many more

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. Music   -   #24
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Meh just give me Sabbath and im happy

5. Music   -   #25
    Poster
    So many bands listed that I have either never heard of or just am not familiar with, I assume a few are foriegn(to the US).
    We metalheads do seem to be a passionate bunch though, we all seem to think our favorites should be everyones favorites, I just check these lists out as bands I should check out and decide for myself, and rather than aurgue I'd say most should do the same. The way I look at it, we are ALL fighting a common enemy; mainstream pop bullshit!

So anyways here are some of my favorites in no paticular order....
    Pantera(anything before Great Southern Trendkill, never sold out but I don't like screaching, also one of the best live bands you will ever see).

Slayer(classic)

Suicidal Tendencies

D.R.I.(Slayer has said they were an influence, 'Thrashzone' is one of my favorites of all time).

Anthrax(again, older stuff)

Six Feet Under(the best "death metal" around).

Prong

System of a Down(best new metal group in years).

Iron Maiden(Bruce Dickenson)

Judis Priest(Rob Halfords side projects were also pretty raw).

Metallica(anything before the 'Black album&#39.

Megadeth(believe it or not, one of the wildest shows I've ever been to, so long as Dave is off the junk).

Slipknot(along with System of a Down and Mudvayne, keeping metal alive).

Plenty more, but that is my short list off the top 'o my head. Seen most of them live, and have seen a few multiple times, the ones I haven't seen, I want to.

6. Music   -   #26
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    well I get so sick of teh american culture with metal it all gets me pissed off dff for example Evanscne are a dead set rip off of a Euorpe band (cant think of the name) they though hmmm... becaseu where american lets coopy it it will reach Hit now becasue where form the US.

7. Music   -   #27
    mirror mirror on the wall who's the metallest of us all :p hehehe
    I've been a metal for 10 years now...best music ever !! my fav bands: metallica, maiden, motorhead, slipknot, pantera, machine head & many many others!!

8. Music   -   #28
    I like speed/black metal. Dark stuff, high screeching, and drums going at 210bpm Bands like At the Gates, The Black Dahlia Murder, Haste the Day (Christians, but make some sweet music), Red Chord. That kinda stuff. It kinda wrecks it because when I say I like that stuff, people will think you know, im just trying to fit into the metal culture and shit. Im not, I have medium length brown hair, no tattoos or piercings or stupid shit like that.

Oh and Slayer, because even though theyre thrash, god theyre songs are so fast and driving!

9. Music   -   #29
    d4rkpri35t's Avatar Metal Messiah
    All love all types of metal

death, black, thrash, hardcore, metalcore, viking, folk, epic, doom, all types man...

i could go all day posting metal bands i love...

10. Music   -   #30
    i like my metal like i like my women....black and heavy

(i dont like either, i just wanted to say that)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast