Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My 1st giveaway turns into disaster

Partaking in the invite forums here is a good way to be banned on many sites... Sorry, but that is the truth.

User of the .torrent files

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    How did they found out? You have the same username on whatcd as here?

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Well you would think that with what happened to its predecessor people would be smarter than to invite unknown users
    :/
    Proud Member of:

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    $we's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    ratio proofs can be forged. ratios can be cheated, if done furtively, on most sites. even if they weren't, there is no guarantee that the invitee will cherish their account. they may extort the site and its lenient rules.

i don't understand why you guys have the propensity to invite people you don't know anyway... i can think of some incentive, but i'd rather not say it, because everyone knows it and it really doesn't need to be said.

@dv8type: yeah, there is always that risk, but if people didn't take that risk, the site would not really grow. however, i for one appreciate and cherish torrenting-security over file-diversity.

i don't think i'm the only one who is starting to see the trend of torrent sites from a few large ones to many smaller ones; from a couple collectives of strangers, to many circles of friends. i think it is very possible for filesharing to be crushed into that state in the near future. unless that is if encryption improves and a new protocol is created . ah the aspiration.
    Last edited by $we; 01-15-2008 at 09:38 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by $we View Post
    i don't understand why you guys have the propensity to invite people you don't know anyway... i can think of some incentive, but i'd rather not say it, because everyone knows it and it really doesn't need to be said.
    I got some of my most-loved trackers by the kindness of virtual strangers. Sometimes I like to pay it forward.

Not everyone has connections; some users are trustworthy and just need a chance. I've been lucky at finding them so far. I hope I stay that way.
    Last edited by shygrrrl; 01-16-2008 at 12:40 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    moh714's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    good luck

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    i guess i must have been lucky not to get disabled then :]
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
    Thought I was being nice by holding a giveaway contest for a WhatCD invite. The guy gave me 2 proofs as well as a speedtest(like that shit really matters).

I go to log on today, and BAM my account is disabled.

I guess you live and learn the hard way, but that will be the last time I do that again.
    if i had seen the thread i would have probably said, "what.cd does not allow invite giveaway and cd staffers monitor FST giveaway regularly" but now it's late...still maybe ring the bell for someone.

I hope you will learn from this mistake.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    kapowcowpwned's Avatar BCC token orange kid BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    lol someone got pwnt

waffles ftl btw

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Im the owner of a tracker, and i gave someone an account on here. and in 2 days he cheated, as if we wouldnt have spotted him.

But if someone can do that to the owner of the tracker that got him in on good pretence, then i wouldnt trust anyone for an invite that i had to give on any site im afraid. because you never know what they will do.
    sorry but i can't stop laughing

i think it's best example for how everyone gets fooled (owner of established tracker isn't exception himself). So i think there is something to learn from it: if you love a site, invite those whom you know and trust...it doesn't eliminate the risk but decreases it by lot!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast