Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: READ This or You risk ban on all trackers

Which is the best choice right now? utorrent 1.6.1 or 1.7.6 ??

Im confused

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    1.7.6 all previous versons appear to be vulnerable to the bug. A lot of trackers will be banning anything below 1.7.6. You have been warned.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Is anybody else having trouble downloading with uTorrent version 1.7.6? I just upgraded from uTorrent 1.6.1 against my will (trackers made me do it).

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    when 1.6.1 gets banned on the trackers i use then i will update. nothing before then since ive been through this before, what happens tomorrow if they find a new bug in 1.7.6 and so on. its getting fucking ridiculous but so far i know i can trust 1.6.1

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Nevermind working for me now. Trackers probably just needed time to update my client status.

Quote Originally Posted by aysomc View Post
    when 1.6.1 gets banned on the trackers i use then i will update. nothing before then since ive been through this before, what happens tomorrow if they find a new bug in 1.7.6 and so on. its getting fucking ridiculous but so far i know i can trust 1.6.1
    Hdbits and what are banning uTorrent 1.6.1 and possibly in the future, Waffles, The Place, and The Vault. I switched but if they unban 1.6.1 i'm going right back to uTorrent 1.6.1. Never had any problems, I was ever aware of.
    Last edited by grimms; 01-18-2008 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    hdbits going to ban any precedent version too

uTorrent 1.7.6 is out, get downloading it Fixes a vulnerability with all other versions of utorrent that potentially allowed someone to crash your utorrent.
    All other versions (except 1.8b) will be banned in a few days, to keep you all up to date (why use out of date software?)
    PS: if you still didn't get it: ANY precedent version is vulnerable.
    All previous versions are vulnerable as stated. You will be forced to upgrade eventually here on any site with admins that care about their swarms. If not today, it will be soon, mark my words.
    This includes you 1.6.1 people, so be prepared.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    I keep getting leech from one location at a time error in uTorrent. I just switched uTorrent versions. Is that the problem?

Also myspleen is saying uTorrent 1.7.6 is a bad client read the faq in my client. I should just revert back to uTorrent 1.6. I never had any of these problems before.
    Last edited by grimms; 01-18-2008 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    TankGrrl's Avatar p-p-p-pow! BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    i have nothing on my machine anyhow worth anything to anybody everything that is worthy is encrypted and stuck on a usb stick and is put where the sun don't shine

ewwwwwwwwwww!!!

Listen up, cause I'm only telling you this once. I'm not bedtime story lady, so pay attention. The world is *screwed* now.
    No celebrities, no cable TV, no water. It hasn't rained in 11 years. Now 20 people gotta squeeze inside the same bathtub - so it ain't all bad.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    After February 1st, non-updated clients will be banned, EXCEPT for the 1.6 series.
    so people not reading properly 1.6 series is ok duh

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    thebazzla's Avatar 'The Steelmen' BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    well i installed the new version after TTI banned the 1.6.1 version and everything seems to be running ok

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast