Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: READ This or You risk ban on all trackers

TankGrrl's Avatar p-p-p-pow! BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny67 View Post
    After February 1st, non-updated clients will be banned, EXCEPT for the 1.6 series.
    so people not reading properly 1.6 series is ok duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    i'm sticking with 1.6.1 until my daily trackers no longer allow its use, though i see no reason why this excellent version should be banned (the best in my opinion).
    oh, and you are not getting banned for using these clients, u just won't be able to connect or use the announce (meaning: no downloading)
    same here... 1.61 rawks

Listen up, cause I'm only telling you this once. I'm not bedtime story lady, so pay attention. The world is *screwed* now.
    No celebrities, no cable TV, no water. It hasn't rained in 11 years. Now 20 people gotta squeeze inside the same bathtub - so it ain't all bad.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Nothings downloading for me with the new version. I thought i fixed it guess not.

Nevermind again. Just seems like it's taking longer to connect to the swarm vs uTorrent 1.6.1. Just have to get use to change a bit more.
    Last edited by grimms; 01-18-2008 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    bigdaddykane's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    sticking with 1.6.1 for as long as i can

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Why is everyone so against updating their client? I don't see why you would stick with 1.6.1, a version that can still be vulnerable to the bug, when they have released a version that fixes it.
    I mean you update all your other software right? So why not your torrent client?
    It just seems silly to me.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    From ScT

Older uTorrent versions banned
    We are forcing all users using uTorrent to upgrade to the latest version. This forced update is due to a remotely exploitable crash bug (and possible code execution) in all previous versions.

For users of versions less than 1.7.6, you can get the updated 1.7.6 stable.
    For users that have been using the 1.8 alpha releases, you require at least build 7928

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    nice info, thanks foe the update!

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    sefo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    From ScT

Older uTorrent versions banned
    We are forcing all users using uTorrent to upgrade to the latest version. This forced update is due to a remotely exploitable crash bug (and possible code execution) in all previous versions.

For users of versions less than 1.7.6, you can get the updated 1.7.6 stable.
    For users that have been using the 1.8 alpha releases, you require at least build 7928
    thanks for the info

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    thebazzla's Avatar 'The Steelmen' BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    it looks like a lot of trackers are even banning everything under 1.7.6 even if you like 1.6.1 so you haven't a choice really

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    2 years of stability has gone ?
    i think utorrent team discover that no one has donate since 1.6.1

its good time to switch to azureus now

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by naaceer View Post
    2 years of stability has gone ?
    i think utorrent team discover that no one has donate since 1.6.1

its good time to switch to azureus now
    why dont u read again and again and again...why have they released 176 and why most trackers have done good move with that..

lol yea becuase no one havent donate they have made new one

yea good luck with azureus

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast