Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: To BT site staff about utorrent 1.6.1 !

grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    It's not just paranoia about spyware. Witness how every single build in the 1.7.x branch is remotely crashable. Because the crash is caused by an overflow, it may even be exploitable to run code.
    This was discovered after 10 months, despite all the testing. How long till other stuff is discovered?

1.7.6 has also not been tested as much as claimed. 1.7.6 was released 8 days ago, so it has at most 8 days of testing behind it.
    1.6.1 was released nearly a year ago, so it has a years worth of testing behind it.
    Anyway, there are not a lot of sites that actually conduct their own testing. Every single one of the sites that had to post a correction about 1.6.1 followed someone elses testing. There are a few people on a few sites who actually conduct any of their own testing. Would you trust any of the sites who could not even confirm that 1.6.x was not affected to tell you what is safe and what isn't? If you do, I know a nigerian banker who can get you some free money.

There are also a whole range of problems that affect various people when they try to run any 1.7.x version. Problems that do not exist in 1.6.1. It is simply not possible for everyone to run the latest version.
    Yes uTorrent 1.7.6 continues to do crash dump errors on me and barely connect to trackers now unlike uTorrent 1.6.1.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Have noticed lately my download speed has decreased while the upload has doubled ? Have had trouble this week with my ISP modem too so mabye thats the problem not Utorrent 1.7 upgrade .

It sure makes me curious tho as I seem to have everything set up right from firewall to torrent settings . I'd like to go back and reinstall 1.6 to test after my movies finish d/l ,IPT still allows it .

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Have noticed lately my download speed has decreased while the upload has doubled ? Have had trouble this week with my ISP modem too so mabye thats the problem not Utorrent 1.7 upgrade .

It sure makes me curious tho as I seem to have everything set up right from firewall to torrent settings . I'd like to go back and reinstall 1.6 to test after my movies finish d/l ,IPT still allows it .
    Your problems sound alot like mines peat. I'm having all types of listening port errors, crash dumps, and downloading problems. My upload has seemed to increase as well when ut 1.7.6 is working.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567