Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ace Torrents

Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Itīs a good and honest tracker. I like it very much.
    Staff is very kind and they have a decent collection of releases, seed bonus, lots of freeleech, and other goodies. Speeds are not the best and pre-times either, but are not the worst either.
    By the way... a good member of FST has won the Lottery at AceTorrents. Congrats.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    6 month bump, noice

/me checks lottery, nope me not winner <again>!
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post

/ SgtMajor checks lottery, nope me not winner <again>!
    Wasn't me either lol dammit
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
    but sure TB have much better pretime than Ace atm
    Better pre-times than Ace? Perhaps. Much better pre-times? I really doubt it. Pre-times in lower minute or even second range can be beaten, but hardly by much. :-D

Keep trolling for your tracker. Now I've heard of it, so I guess it's working.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Tanuki's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater View Post
    Last time I was in a tracer channel (a few weeks back) Ace was not the slowest by far and some times beat scc and sct on pre times and people think that slow.....
    erm ok if thats slow could some one please tell me what fast is
    Duckater, those people actually had a point. AceT wasn't the fastest for quite some time. And the number of new torrents we were able to provide were far from impressive. But things change, so did we. Approximately 6 weeks ago we had some internal 'upgrades', which tremendously improved our speed and our range of new torrents. And believe me, we are working hard to improve our speed even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    Itīs a good and honest tracker. I like it very much.
    Staff is very kind and they have a decent collection of releases, seed bonus, lots of freeleech, and other goodies. Speeds are not the best and pre-times either, but are not the worst either.
    By the way... a good member of FST has won the Lottery at AceTorrents. Congrats.
    Hi Nemrod, little update. Our staff is still of the very kind variety, but seed bonus is gone and we reduce our freeleech a bit. Hey, sometimes I had the feeling we were a public ftp server. This might be seen as the not so enjoyable changes, but did you check our speeds and pre-times lately?
    Last edited by Tanuki; 07-23-2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Ahh there is nothing better than see old thread...

well Ace is good but atm maybe 10-15 torrent are uploaded per day and that really is not so great and maybe a little more leechers would be good too

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Tanuki's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fOrUmAs View Post

well Ace is good but atm maybe 10-15 torrent are uploaded per day and that really is not so great and maybe a little more leechers would be good too
    True 10-15 is not so good. But we also had days with ~60 new torrents. We are working on it. And I must say the last weeks the general supply of interesting new stuff was a bit limited. Damn season breaks. More leechers....yep this is our weak point. As I mentioned before we dropped our seeding bonus. This my sound strange, but by making it harder to keep a good ratio, we hope to encourage better seeding. Additionally we are working to improve our member base. We are now strictly invite only. We experimented a bit with open periods, but we were very disappointed with the results. Don't expect open registration times any time soon. Or, what is more likely, don't expect them at all. We currently have ~7k members. A good deal away from the 'big guns', but were are growing.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post

True 10-15 is not so good. But we also had days with ~60 new torrents. We are working on it. And I must say the last weeks the general supply of interesting new stuff was a bit limited. Damn season breaks. More leechers....yep this is our weak point. As I mentioned before we dropped our seeding bonus. This my sound strange, but by making it harder to keep a good ratio, we hope to encourage better seeding. Additionally we are working to improve our member base. We are now strictly invite only. We experimented a bit with open periods, but we were very disappointed with the results. Don't expect open registration times any time soon. Or, what is more likely, don't expect them at all. We currently have ~7k members. A good deal away from the 'big guns', but were are growing.
    yea of course there was days when there been uploaded many more than just 15 per day but in general it is abouth that number..

yea i know u disabled seedbonus but there are also Irc bonus (15MB per 15 min) if i remember good,so maybe there also to cut a bit of Irc bonus would help..

yea that is true,open signups are not so great and its good that is invite only..

but anyway i hope to see much better days with Ace

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Tanuki's Avatar Poster
    yea i know u disabled seedbonus but there are also Irc bonus (15MB per 15 min) if i remember good,so maybe there also to cut a bit of Irc bonus would help..

but anyway i hope to see much better days with Ace
    We are actually thinking about dropping the irc bonus. Probably not today or tomorrow, it is never good to change too many parameters in an experiment at the same time. First we want to evaluate what the result of our removal of our seed bonus is.

And thanks for your friendly wishes. With our late improvements, not only technical improvements, but also personnel improvements, we got some new and very dedicated staff members a few days ago, I think we are on a very good way.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    fr3x3r's Avatar Poster
    Hmm.. I think..

AT's great 0day tracker
    Join to Bittalk? Send to PM <3

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast