Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Community - The Truth

grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    pandabear

A site like TL is dreadful when it comes to the community, but their content is good. I guess that sorta makes up for it. Yes some sites that were hyped for their community was only that. Hype. Good point.

@pandabear

A site like TL is dreadful when it comes to the community, but their content is good. I guess that sorta makes up for it. Yes some sites that were hyped for their community was only that. Hype. Good point.
    Last edited by grimms; 01-21-2008 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    My community is where I live.
    +1

3. BitTorrent   -   #33

A "good" community
    for you depends on your personality and your hobbies/interests. Some like to discuss politics and so forth, others prefer to discuss out of 5 just how nice that ass is.
    Last edited by KinkyAfro; 01-21-2008 at 01:14 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by KinkyAfro View Post

A "good" community
    for you depends on your personality and your hobbies/interests. Some like to discuss politics and so forth, others prefer to discuss out of 5 just how nice that ass is.
    Yes very true. Wish all the ass talking was toned down alittle bit but i guess it still makes for great discussion.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Everyone here makes good points but i must disagree with some things. I for one love being part of smaller communities where I can get to know people. This to me is what filesharing is about. If you think about it, in terms of cont4ent, Scc and Sct are very similar but people want Sct way more because it is considered a level 10 site. I am lucky enough to be a member of both, but honestly I use Scc more because I like the people there a little better. They seem a lot more welcoming and nicer.

At Scc i have like a 600 gig buffer and that is why people there are nice to me. The dont like me for who I am or my friendliness amongs teh forums but because i seed alot. These same people wouldnt have given me the time of day when i first signed up for an account

I do believe that people have to earn trust on forums but at the same time I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt. For example if a new person here with under 10 posts asks for help I will gladly offer it to them. Granted im not gonna send him a Sct or mRevtt invite but after i get to know him alil ill help get him started with a lower level invite. I think to many peoplearound here judge based on # of posts,giveaways, and the like. But what is really important is the aspect of what kind of person you are dealing with. Maybe they are new to torrents and dont know all that much so they cant offer mcuh help but at the same time they might be very friendly, willing to learn, and very active in the community. To me this person deserves a chance to get started out--- I mean we all started somewhere.

Granted there are always collectors, traders, cheaters, scammers, etc... but we cannot judge everyone based on the premise that they fall into these categories.

Just my two cents

Jon

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny81985 View Post
    Everyone here makes good points but i must disagree with some things. I for one love being part of smaller communities where I can get to know people. This to me is what filesharing is about. If you think about it, in terms of cont4ent, Scc and Sct are very similar but people want Sct way more because it is considered a level 10 site. I am lucky enough to be a member of both, but honestly I use Scc more because I like the people there a little better. They seem a lot more welcoming and nicer.

At Scc i have like a 600 gig buffer and that is why people there are nice to me. The dont like me for who I am or my friendliness amongs teh forums but because i seed alot. These same people wouldnt have given me the time of day when i first signed up for an account

I do believe that people have to earn trust on forums but at the same time I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt. For example if a new person here with under 10 posts asks for help I will gladly offer it to them. Granted im not gonna send him a Sct or mRevtt invite but after i get to know him alil ill help get him started with a lower level invite. I think to many peoplearound here judge based on # of posts,giveaways, and the like. But what is really important is the aspect of what kind of person you are dealing with. Maybe they are new to torrents and dont know all that much so they cant offer mcuh help but at the same time they might be very friendly, willing to learn, and very active in the community. To me this person deserves a chance to get started out--- I mean we all started somewhere.

Granted there are always collectors, traders, cheaters, scammers, etc... but we cannot judge everyone based on the premise that they fall into these categories.

Just my two cents

Jon
    Actually according to some forums and other sites, they recently updated the supposed "level list" and ScT is only level 5 now. It doesn't matter to me what level it is though. I rather have a good smaller forum community, then a big tracker with no forum community. I do love the two big sites with a huge user base and community though.
    Last edited by grimms; 01-21-2008 at 01:31 AM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    i wonder , how people can define a collector ?
    i mean it's very hard to know whether this man is asking for an invite is just want it as a trophy or really want it to be an active member in the site.
    i guess collectors are not the problem .the problem is the cheaters and scammers .
    even if you invited a collector , his account will decay from inactivity .

For Serving Community

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    for a community i would love to join forums , not a torrent site

if a trackers lacks content , would you even bother to login to that site just for the so called community ?

benchez, seventh seal right ?

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    In my opinion, the levels are completely arbitrary - in fact the whole system is ridiculous. I think by removing that thread FST will have sooo many less problems to worry about. It draws unnecessary attention to the "high level" trackers that wish to remain under the radar, forcing them to cut themselves off.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    JROQuinn's Avatar Rev. Maynard BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I have learned tid bits from every community, big or small, thats what makes them priceless to me

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast