Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you use a dedicated computer just for downloading?

JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    yes, I just upgraded my system, now it's my "old" system. I currently continue my downloading on that one and use my new system for games only,

think I'll keep this going as I continue to upgrade in the future years to come, seems to work well. Just need to get another lcd, the crt i currently use is taking to up too much room on my desk.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    what woudl be the point of doing that unless you got 2 isps or 1 isp supporting 2 lines?

it's not like torrent clients would pose even remotely problem to your modern cpu while gaming. i say sell the old rig and get yourself some cash, and have even more space on the desk. maybe use that money to get an even bigger LCD that you were gonna get.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    The point is, so I don't have to stop doing what I'm doing on one comp to do something on the other machine.

Example, it's quite common for me to be watching a movie and downloading on one machine and surfing, chatting, or gaming on the other. I multi-task quite often.

My gaming machine doesn't have many downloads on it, I want to keep any extra's off that machine as much as possible to get the most of it. Yes, those downloads prolly won't mess with the speed much, but that's how I like it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12