Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Problem!

Poster
    I have SP1 so i dont think that security button is avaliable. If it helps this folder was recently My Documents on my previous XP format. Could that be a reason?

Dave

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Schumacher_Skaife@30 July 2003 - 04:15
    I have SP1 so i dont think that security button is avaliable. If it helps this folder was recently My Documents on my previous XP format. Could that be a reason?

Dave
    You have it but you have to turn off simple file sharing option under folder view from the folder otions in the tools menu. Once you do that then go and allow permission from everyone to access the drive like above.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Yep tried that and still no luck!

Bloody XP!

Dave

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    This guy had a similar problem, maybe a similar solution? Its something to do with permissions looking ok, but in actual fact being corrupted. I'm not 100% sure i understand the solution, but it might give u a clue
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?...p?threadid=5750

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    My God that worked! To a point! Thank you for hunting that down!

OK I now access the folder but all the subfolders are still doin it! When i go into the security in the subfolders i cant add any permissions!

I am getting some where!

Help me bring home the bacon!

Dave!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    FST Retiree
    right click on the main folder again and go into the security properties once more. click on the advanced button towards the bottom and then go to the owner tab. put a check in the box next to "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" and click apply. wait for that to finish and go back to the permissions tab and put a check in the box next to "Replace permission entries on all child objects......", click apply again and confirm that you wish to do that. now close the properties boxes that are open and try to access the folders again. they should now have the same permissions as the one you already have gained access to and you should be able to get into them.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Thank You Very Much!

That worked perfectley!

I would like to thank everyone for their hard work on this! You have saved me allot of time and valuble data!

Once again thank you!

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12