Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of this site?

Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    It's said that they are ready to launch as I said, but there are some problems concerning the deal between spotify and the music companies. If I remember it correctly they have made deals with some of the biggest music companies out there. We'll just have to wait, patient is the key...

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    If you signed up for beta-tesing some time ago, you should had recieved a invite in your email. Look for it in the junk mail. I got one! It's so nice! They are letting more people in to test it. They are probably going to launch before the new year. Nice ey?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatsgreat View Post
    If you signed up for beta-tesing some time ago, you should had recieved a invite in your email. Look for it in the junk mail. I got one! It's so nice! They are letting more people in to test it. They are probably going to launch before the new year. Nice ey?
    Not having to keep a ratio on a music site and get all that you want?
    Sounds like fun,thx!

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    This site looks interesting, but it will only work if all the labels actually agree to it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by colbert View Post
    This site looks interesting, but it will only work if all the labels actually agree to it.
    Yes of course. But the way the music industry has developed the last years I think many big labels are going to sign a contract with Spotify... for their own good.

And from what I've heard they have already signed contracts with many big labels. So just wait for the launch and decied for yourself when you try it out. I think it's going to be huge

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    this sounds really good
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    ...And exactly how are they going to make money for themselves and the music industry?

EDIT: from their site

Content owners that partner with Spotify will qualify for a share of the revenue we make both from our core advertising business as well as any premium services we launch such as added value subscription.
    Last edited by jbloggs; 10-05-2008 at 03:29 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
    ...And exactly how are they going to make money for themselves and the music industry?

EDIT: from their site

Content owners that partner with Spotify will qualify for a share of the revenue we make both from our core advertising business as well as any premium services we launch such as added value subscription.
    Yes. If you want you can pay so that you don't have some minor ads. Anything else you wanted to point out?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    It has launched!

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    i just heard rumours that they have scene mp3s in spotify. if that turns out to be true the scene will be really pissed off. they're going to make money with ads and premium sevices with scene releases?

anyway, how's the quality of the music? is it really lossless (that would mean about 30mb of streamimg data for a song)? can you download files and use them for whatever you like?

if you can't download there's always the possibilty to record the stream to hd, right?

however, i read a lot of positive reviews and i'm going to give it a try when the free service is available in germany.

the only thing that leaves a bitter taste is, even if it's based on peer2peer it's a company which runs the whole thing. companies don't do this because sharing is caring, they want to make money.

anyway, as a music enthusiast i'm looking forward to check it out for myself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast