Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: utorrent change again on sct

bhovoi's Avatar Poster
    so whats the only allowed version of Utorrent in sct? just to make it clear..

1.7.7 and what?

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Neo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by bhovoi View Post
    so whats the only allowed version of Utorrent in sct? just to make it clear..

1.7.7 and what?
    ...and 1.8 alpha build 8205 and above ( if there are any ). I'm sticking with 1.7.7 for now...

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    glad i moved to azureus. it's always a mess while not all trackers get to an agreement on which Utorrent versions they allow to use.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    bhovoi's Avatar Poster
    just asking:
    im thinking if i switch to azureus...how much more memory do you think will add if i switch to azureus?.. X10 of utorrent or more?

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Neo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I don't know exactly how much more... but one thing i can tell you: a lot more!

That was one of the reasons I switched to utorrent on the first place. If you want to run like 100 torrents at the same time it's a huge difference. I don't have that much RAM so it really makes a difference for me.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    well, azureus depends on how many torrents u are downloading, not uploading.
    because the buffer that u use is incorporated in the process, and utorrent does it in a different manner, though it is taking the same.
    honestly, i am happy, i am a "returner" since i used utorrent for almost 2 years now, and once i took a pick at azureus options i said: this is definitely for me.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    I have 4GB of RAM and azureus was still a pain in the ass. I'd never go back to azureus, no matter how bad utorrent gets. However I heard only good things about halite, but I don't know how many trackers allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by leopalas View Post
    I don't know exactly how much more... but one thing i can tell you: a lot more!

That was one of the reasons I switched to utorrent on the first place. If you want to run like 100 torrents at the same time it's a huge difference. I don't have that much RAM so it really makes a difference for me.
    Live long and prosper.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
    I have 4GB of RAM and azureus was still a pain in the ass. I'd never go back to azureus, no matter how bad utorrent gets. However I heard only good things about halite, but I don't know how many trackers allow it.
    imo deluge is much better than halite. It has all the features of UTorrent it's open source and has a very small footprint, only problem is SCC doesn't allow it :\ and that's where I like to get my apps.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    I think we should stick with Utorrent and to the hell with SCT

For Serving Community

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    I agree

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234